Occasional Contributor

It just gets on my nerves that  it seems every produce is about "elevating". A skirt, top, shoes, necklace, hat, scarf, etc.  I think the only product I have not heard this word used to describe a product being shown is lingerie. There are other words and descriptions available to get the "drft" to the consumer that you will look just FAB if you purchase the item.

Am I the "Lone Ranger" or do other viewers feel the same?

Occasional Contributor

Excuse me. The word should be "product", not "produce". . My eyesight is not the best

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, especially if whatever is being 'elevated' is 'on trend'. 

Honored Contributor

I heard a good one the other day.  One of the newest hosts said the item was "elasticated"  which meant the waistband had elastic.

Respected Contributor

That's right up there with "empower" which is used way too much for everything.  "This blouse empowers women."  "Those heels are really empowering."   Really?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New word for "elevate"

[ Edited ]

I wouldn’t mind having some lingerie that elevated a couple of things.

Honored Contributor

Once the hosts get hold of a word or expression, it is used constantly.  I hear the two words, As Well  used by hosts and vendors  so many time during a presentation, I just change the channel or shop the Q on line. 

Maybe a thesaurus would help.

Esteemed Contributor

Alternatives?

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

I wouldn’t mind having some lingerie that elevated a couple of things.

🤣🤣🤣me too! 

Respected Contributor

Re: New word for "elevate"

[ Edited ]

When they overuse and misuse a word, it becomes meaningless. “Elasticated” is a new one to me too but it’s definitely a real word. Maybe those elasticated pants will elevate my look, as well, right.