Respected Contributor

I think Jill Martin is okay, but she probably is spread thin.  But Jill is not as good as Lisa R at representing GILI.  

Occasional Contributor

Are these new hosts replacing any one?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering if the new hires are b/c many of the old timers just want fewer hours. Many people would like to choose their working days and hours. Surely, many of the old timers must feel they're financially comfortable and don't have to work as hard. There's more to life than a host job....

Esteemed Contributor

@theresal wrote:

Are these new hosts replacing any one?

Lisa Mason for one? 

Super Contributor

i know 2 have, but because QVC takes away all of their personalities, who would know if they are new or not.  They say the same things, all the women have to put extensions in their hair, must be an XS, even those who clearly are not, etc etc!!  Oh to go back to the days where hosts showed their personalities, were sometimes contraversial, werent all XS, etc etc.  I hate things now and either record, or just check online.  Oh I forgot, they all practise facial poses!!

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

New Hosts will be great (I too hoped they'd add a male or two though) -- QVC needs some new talented hosts.  As it is now, they have hosts banished to the wee hours of the morning who have proven their merit for primetime, but never get out of the dungeon because seniority rules.  I'd like to see Alberti's presentations other than when my TV alarm wakes me up for work at 4:30am (I do not watch Friday night Beauty with him and Sandra).  Life happens -- with both Lisa's gone, hosts out for health and family reasons, vacations, and limited work hours (I'm thinking of Dan Hughes still on scaled-back duty compared to years before)......this summer it seemed like they were on bare knuckles getting folks scheduled.  More than once hosts said how they hadn't known they'd be on that day. In addition, whatever they have planned for a full roll-out of QVC Plus will require more hosts.

I only watch late at  night, so I don't consider it a "dungeon."  It is a 24 hour channel, and people shop at all different times. 

I actually wish they'd ALL work different times so we could have DIFFERENT people much of the time.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

I do think they needed to hire more male hosts, too!  Even though I do wish the 2 new hosts much luck, I just don't see the need for them.  They could very well do away with that Q2 channel, or do like HSN and just show recorded shows, not pay hosts to do that channel!  I don't even get Q Plus on my comcast cable, but I get it on my Roku device in the bedroom, but never, ever watch it!  So much wasteful money going to unnecessary high salaries all the while costs on numerous items have skyrocketed.  It is time to shop elsewhere!

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

When you see a host like Jill Bauer or Mary Beth Rowe host a show  They are so smooth and well spoken you almost do not even realize they are selling.  You do not realize how good they at their job until you see a newbie.  The newbie's are not terrible.  They just need to learn more from the masters.  What irritates me the most is when they use slang and improper English.  Improper English is jarring and ruins the presentation.

I think I read on a blog that Mary Beth Rowe does the training for the new hires.  Kerstin L was doing the training for the exercise segments with the new gals.  It will be nice to see some new faces.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@culebra wrote:

When you see a host like Jill Bauer or Mary Beth Rowe host a show  They are so smooth and well spoken you almost do not even realize they are selling.  You do not realize how good they at their job until you see a newbie.  The newbie's are not terrible.  They just need to learn more from the masters.  What irritates me the most is when they use slang and improper English.  Improper English is jarring and ruins the presentation.

I think I read on a blog that Mary Beth Rowe does the training for the new hires.  Kerstin L was doing the training for the exercise segments with the new gals.  It will be nice to see some new faces.

I can't imagine Kirsten teaching anybody anything. In fact, MB could do some more work with her.

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

@culebra wrote:

I can't imagine Kirsten teaching anybody anything. In fact, MB could do some more work with her.

PS: I thought each new hire had a different mentor.