New Contributor

New and UNimproved check processing time

Every now and then I give my credit card a rest and pay for my order with a money order. I've done this for about ten years. I don't live that far from QVC, (Virginia) so my money order would show up as "in process" in my list of QVC orders online like clockwork and almost without fail, in two days. Until about a month ago. Then suddenly my money orders began to take more than a week, and often almost two weeks, to be in process. In this day of electronic innovations and everything becoming faster and almost instantaneous, this is in my opinion, way too slow. I tried calling customer service and got, "Well, that does seem like a long time... but we haven't heard anything..." I emailed customer service and first received the pat and predictable, "Checks and money orders can take up to ten days to process." Then emailed again and got, "Thank you for your suggestion. We will forward it to the appropriate department."

I'm frustrated! I can't order anything that I need in the next -- oh three weeks or so by the time they ship -- and pay for it with a money order. I wondered if anyone else is experiencing this same extremely long check or money order processing delay, or if someone out there knows the reason for this annoying new policy. Could QVC be trying to discourage us from paying by check or money order altogether? Guess what, in my case, I think it's working! Thanks for any input on this.