Not applicable

Re: New Website is Horrible!

I really am very unhappy with your new website!!!!! Extremely difficult to use!!! Not all changes are good! I am hopeful you are listening to your customers.....or does the C now stand for Corporation?!!!

Honored Contributor

On 5/11/2015 kittymomNC said:
On 5/11/2015 dooBdoo said:

I gave it some time before deciding, but the new formatting doesn't bother me. I think they've moved toward a visual format that's along the lines of popular sites like Pinterest, Etsy, Instagram, and others. eBay recently launched a similar re-design. I can understand the discomfort when we've been using a website a lot and knew instinctively where to locate things.

When a site makes changes, it helps to take some time and click on all the options on the various pages to see where they go. Familiarize yourself with the new format, and usually it will become as easy to use as the previous one. I do this with new electronic devices, too... "take a walk" through all the settings and features and figure out how to feel "at home" with the new device.

But, of course, there's nothing wrong with venting about the frustrations that come with changes. Venting is good for the soul{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} and the posts here might be helpful to QVC in making decisions. I think posters have been very helpful in answering questions about how to navigate the new website, and so a big "thanks" to everyone!

Hey dooBdoo, just wanted to say that I was frustrated at first and said so. But once I played with it and investigated, asked questions, read some tips from others, etc. and got the hang of it, I think the website is fine. In fact, I use the page you go to when you click on "Shop QVC TV" as my Home Page. However, after posting over and over on many threads trying to help people, I got frustrated and posted that people needed to realize that there's a learning curve to everything, and they needed to stop complaining and spend their time learning it.

Apparently that didn't set too well with some, but at that point I didn't really care. I came back today after a couple of days away just to read, and this is what I got. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate you and your calming ways.

I may not be here for a while... just reading today and then seeing what I've copied below from another thread has made me realize just how mean these boards are and what downers they can be, and I don't need that right now. Hope you're continuing your recovery, and have a great day.

On 5/11/2015 bighairgalsaid: "I_hate the new qvc front page. Mostly I consider the Q as one of the best websites out there, very clean, fast loading, and intuitive but the new front page organization has lost it's easy-to-find links and as any good web developer knows, the user (=customer) is a creature of habit. No matter what new pressures the web puts on web development, it still has to be intuitive and easy to navigate. For kittymomNC to put out a tonnage of verbage to lecture us idiots how to use this website is patronizing at best and condescending at worst. Make it easy and intuitive qvc or we're drifting away."

My response: "I haven't been posting the last couple of days and won't be for a while.

I've had a death in my family that has devastated me, but I decided to come back to the boards just to read and maybe get a little distraction. No pity party here, just the G-d awful truth. But when I saw your post, I had to respond.

bighairgirl, I tried my best to post as much as I could that would be helpful to those who were having problems. But all anyone wanted to do was complain. After posting on so many threads,trying my best to be helpful and giving tips on how to make it easier, I gave up and posted what I felt at that point. And I still feel that way. If people took as much time to explore this website as they have complaining about it, they might not be so negative. You can point people in my direction all you want. I was NOT lecturing any idiots unless you consider yourself one, I was trying to help people who were having problems. If you want to take that as patronizing and condescending, so be it.

As I said before, everything has a learning curve. If you want to learn, do it and stop complaining. If you don't want to learn and just want to complain, have at it."

(((kittymomNC)))

I just now saw your post. Thanks for the good wishes. I know from experience that you try to help others when they ask questions or post about problems. And you do so with a gracious spirit and positive intent. I try to help, too, and I've been the target of some personal insults from time to time as a result. Unfortunately, we all get hit with these personal jabs now and then... and I don't see that changing. And in some cases, I think people only want to vent and don't want to hear that there might be a solution. Human nature when someone's terribly frustrated.

The "jabbers" are the ones who end up looking petty, but that doesn't make it any easier for their target when it happens.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences and my prayers for you and for all who grieve. I look forward to your return. You have friends here. Please, remember that.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I didn't like it at first.......I'm figuring it out so even a computer dummy like me can use it pretty well.......... )

Not applicable

I do not like the new changes to the qvc website. It is confusing and non user friendly. If these changes are meant to improve our experience using the website than our opinion about it should be heard particularly if many people are expressing negative feedback. Thank you.
Valued Contributor

My only complaint is I have been trying all day to pay off some easy pays, and all day I have gotten a "QVC.COM is unavailable at this time" REALLY?? ALL DAY< how am I suppose to give them money? early I might add. AND how are we suppose to shop?

Respected Contributor

QVC: Fix your website. Using safari on iPhone cannot click on any color selections or sizes. Click and nothing happens. As s result cannot place any orders. Hello QVC aren't you in the business of selling. Get some techs who know what they are doing if you want to sell on all platforms. This new website is anything but user friendly.
Respected Contributor

HATE IT! HATE IT! HATE IT!!!!
Please change it back! I don't find it user friendly or even visually friendly! I won't be using or looking at this site much if it remains as is! Don't like it at all!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Maybe it's still in progress, but, where are Viewpoints and Q Did What? By the way, I'm happy to see my Nic and most posts, were not lost.

Posting from an iPad, I like the look of the post much better. I just can see a lot of very unhappy people, if some forums are lost.
Super Contributor

Outsourced to India perhaps. Or maybe high schoolers.

At any rate- ya get what you pay for! {chuckle}/

Honored Contributor

Order Status can be found on the top under notifcations, it has always been there

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.