Super Contributor

New Theme Song?!?

[ Edited ]

Dan just mentioned that they have a new theme song for "Sundays with Carolyn and Dan" written by a dear friend to both of them, Rick Springfield. Apparently Rick called in because the Q played the wrong song... They'll get it right next week...

Anyway, my point is, Carolyn and Dan haven't been together in weeks. I wish the Q would stop naming hosts in shows and then they aren't there. This started with Pat and Jayne with "Fashionably Early with Pat and Jayne".

Sorry, this just bugs me, but there is a bigger picture here, I think, just odd ways that the Q seems to be heading.

Honored Contributor

I agree.... absolutely no need to name shows around the hosts.  It restricts QVC in having whomever they want host the show and it just further inflates the egos of the hosts until EVERYONE has their own show.  I don't see the need for it either but at least it's a "warning" ahead of time as to whether or not i can stand watching said host.... Woman Wink

I'm sorry, Rick Springfield?  Did the 90's call?  (Whoops, sorry....just kidding....  I do like Jessie's Girl...) 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I agree.... absolutely no need to name shows around the hosts.  It restricts QVC in having whomever they want host the show and it just further inflates the egos of the hosts until EVERYONE has their own show.  I don't see the need for it either but at least it's a "warning" ahead of time as to whether or not i can stand watching said host.... Woman Wink

I'm sorry, Rick Springfield?  Did the 90's call?  (Whoops, sorry....just kidding....  I do like Jessie's Girl...) 

LOL, the 90's?  More like the 80's!

I don't think they should name shows around the hosts.  I think they need to have different hosts sell the products.  It gets stale with the same ones all the time.

As far as the theme music goes, I"m not a fan of any of them they use.  That Saturday morning Q one and what they use for Shawn's shows I find quite annoying.

Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

LOL, the 90's?  More like the 80's!

I don't think they should name shows around the hosts.  I think they need to have different hosts sell the products.  It gets stale with the same ones all the time.

As far as the theme music goes, I"m not a fan of any of them they use.  That Saturday morning Q one and what they use for Shawn's shows I find quite annoying.

LOL.... I'm a decade outside the loop!  You're 100% right... 1980's...

Enjoyed watching him on General Hospital too! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

I caught the very end of the show this morning and heard something about Rick Springfield is coming to the Q in two weeks.  I'm excited!  Wow, he was my second teen idol crush.  First was Andy Gibb then Rick Springfield.  I remember rushing home from school to watch General Hospital and seeing the character he played Noah Drake.  Oh, and then I really can't forget attending many of his concerts...wow, such fun and memories!   He seems like a very genuine guy, a talented  artist and writer.  He still sounds great. Does anyone know the exact date he is to appear?