Honored Contributor

New Shipping / Receiving Record!

I got an email that UPS would "be in my area" and an item that I ordered would be delivered a day earlier.

I ordered the pants on January 4.

The pants were delivered today, January 7.  (LOGO corduroy  in black.)

LOGO by Lori Goldstein Regular Bootcut Stretch - A387247

Honored Contributor

Re: New Shipping / Receiving Record!

Everytime I have 2 or more packages coming the same day, UPS decides they're going to be in my neighborhood and will deliver a day early.  Funny, they're never here on days when I get just one package but they can get it to the post office. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a package coming from Amazon due here Thurs. I received an email Weds from USPS it would be delivered on Mon?

After they saw it was from Amazon I received another email it would be delivered Thurs.

USPS told me years ago they don't have to pick up my mail if they don't have anything to deliver. Their job is to deliver mail not pick it up???

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Having lived at the same address for 50 years, I always had a good understanding with my local USPS about picking up my outgoing mail ( standing straight up in the front of the mail box ).  Since I live on a busy 4-lane highway with no shoulder, I do not put up the red flag to alert carrier as well as the drive-by s that there is mail, 

possibly checks in the box. 

If I don't get mail one day, then my outgoing would be picked up with the next delivery.

Now the new guy said it is illegal to do this.  When I asked him what happens if a random driver decides he/she wants to pick over my mail for " goodies ", he said to report it to him and he would have the postal authorities investigate.        Really, this is good customer relations and good service ???

After last year's fiasco when I set up premium mail forwarding to FL, I stopped mail delivery at home.  I even put a lot of bubble wrap in the box in case someone forgot the mail there was stopped.    Yep, the carrier put mail in the box.   My neighbor was good enough to check and take it to the post Office.

Further insult: they forgot to start the once weekly mail forwarding....it took 2 days of cell phoning to get to talk to someone despite leaving messages.  I finally called the next post office near by to see if there was some problem with the phones.

In spring when we return, I will deal with the new guy.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    Me too.