Honored Contributor

Re: New S & H from QVC Weigh In

On 2/11/2015 vermint said:

Just posted this in another thread: What I bolded is what bothers me the most...seems like a sneaky way to get more money from me, which is why I returned them in ONE package!

I ordered 2 of the Women With Control TSV's--2 different colors, same order. Now, when I've ordered multiples of the same item in the past, they came in the same package. These TSV's came in TWO separate bags, each with it's own $6.95 return label!

They don't fit (big surprise--not!) so I have to return them. I refuse to send them back in 2 separate packages. That would be $6 initial shipping PLUS $13.90 to send them back separately for a total of $19.90!!!! That's ridiculous!

Considering the inconsistent sizing and lack of measurements on garments, plus the lack of quality control, that's just too much to risk every time I order something. I know if the item is defective or incorrect, Q will still refund the shipping, but I don't think "it doesn't fit" will be considered a defect (even though it's usually their fault).

I agree-- totally ridiculous! I would call customer service and tell them you're sending them both back in one single package, so you have it documented. Then l would write on the outside of the package, in bold letters: "contains 2 items," so you won't have a problem getting credited for both.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

I haven't looked into the new shipping policy yet, but I do want to thank those of you who have and who've shared what they found here in this thread. Your posts were very informative.

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 handygal said:
On 2/11/2015 vermint said:

Just posted this in another thread: What I bolded is what bothers me the most...seems like a sneaky way to get more money from me, which is why I returned them in ONE package!

<em>I ordered 2 of the Women With Control TSV's--2 different colors, same order. Now, when I've ordered multiples of the same item in the past, they came in the same package. These TSV's came in TWO separate bags, each with it's own $6.95 return label!</em>

<em>They don't fit (big surprise--not!) so I have to return them. I refuse to send them back in 2 separate packages. That would be $6 initial shipping PLUS $13.90 to send them back separately for a total of $19.90!!!! That's ridiculous!</em>

<em>Considering the inconsistent sizing and lack of measurements on garments, plus the lack of quality control, that's just too much to risk every time I order something. I know if the item is defective or incorrect, Q will still refund the shipping, but I don't think "it doesn't fit" will be considered a defect (even though it's usually their fault).</em>

I agree-- totally ridiculous! I would call customer service and tell them you're sending them both back in one single package, so you have it documented. Then l would write on the outside of the package, in bold letters: "contains 2 items," so you won't have a problem getting credited for both.

Thanks, handygal...I hadn't thought of that, will take care of it!

Regular Contributor

All I know is I ordered items on Monday morning and they still haven't shipped yet! Normally I would be getting them today or tomorrow so it's probably the ""new"" shipping policy. Which is really not saving us anything. I wanted to order before 2/17 in case these items didn't fit and I could get all of my money back including S&H. I will definitely not be trying new brands of clothing and not ordering anything else unless I ""have to have it"". I recently returned things to HSN and was given that $6.95 back in Spendable Cash - is that normal? I don't buy and or return much on HSN but lately I've returned more than usual and have $30 in Spendable Cash - $6.95 for each return. I just ordered something I know I'll keep and basically got it for free! Q would never do that.

Super Contributor

On 2/11/2015 taja123 said:
On 2/10/2015 VAbelle said:

Had to return an item today ... fortunately it was defective. But the next time it isn't (due to wrong fit) ... the cost of S&H both ways will be approx. $10. Egads!

What if you return for exchange for another size (not defective)? Will you pay another $3. S&H? If so, that's three S&H charges on YOU.

Good question .... CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS, because I was wondering this myself: If I ask for another color or size (upon returning a clothing item that's not defective) will I be charged another $3 for QVC to ship the replacement to me). I assumed only to be liable for the $6.95 return shipping?

Occasional Contributor

On 2/12/2015 blueLagoon said:

Had to return an item today ... fortunately it was defective. But the next time it isn't (due to wrong fit) ... the cost of S&H both ways will be approx. $10. Egads!

What if you return for exchange for another size (not defective)? Will you pay another $3. S&H? If so, that's three S&H charges on YOU.

The answer is YES - you will have to pay. AGAIN. Since their take is "not our problem if you didn't get the right size". It's not damaged.

Good question .... CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS, because I was wondering this myself: If I ask for another color or size (upon returning a clothing item that's not defective) will I be charged another $3 for QVC to ship the replacement to me). I assumed only to be liable for the $6.95 return shipping?

Valued Contributor

For everything else except clothes and shoes, I will be ahead because I rarely return those items.

For clothes and shoes, I will just be ordering less. Sizing too inconsistent. I have 1X's that are smaller than Larges I have.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Maisie said:
On 2/12/2015 blueLagoon said:

The answer is YES - you will have to pay. AGAIN. Since their take is "not our problem if you didn't get the right size". It's not damaged.

Thanks, Maisie. That would be $l3. to exchange an item. And if the next one didn't fit. Wow! You could run up quite a bill for what is free in B&M when you can try on as many as necessary to get your size. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

It's an advantage when it comes to beauty, because I generally don't send those products back. A lot of times I would not buy something like a lipstick because the S/H really made it overpriced, so I may actually try more items at the $3 deal.

However, my days of buying fashion and shoes at the Q are coming to an end. $10 is too much to pay to try something on, and sizing is just not consistent. I find way better prices on shoes at Amazon, and even direct from Clarks when they have a good sale. There are a lot of online shoe sellers that have free shipping both ways, so it just doesn't make sense to gamble on them from the Q anymore.

I'm wondering how long Breezies will last now. It seems it would hurt their sales most of all. I know I've had to send back quite a few bras, and judging by the reviews, I'm not alone!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Occasional Contributor

I agree with nearly all that has been said already. I am sick of the greedy amounts charged on QVC for both the items and the shipping & handling. I mostly use the few shows left that hold any interest to me as a vehicle to view an item that I will ultimately purchase from another vendor.