Super Contributor

Re: New S & H from QVC Weigh In

So many stores offer free shipping.......I didn't mind so much paying for Q shipping AND paying the return shipping IF the item didn't fit or look right since the Q was crediting the original shipping on returns BUT paying both the original and the return will demand that I stop purchasing as much. Since the prices on many items seem to have been increased lately and the click here sizing and videos eliminated on many items, it will be difficult for me to make a purchasing decision. But that in the long run may work out for the best.......
Trusted Contributor

On 2/7/2015 Pickwickpapers said: So many stores offer free shipping.......I didn't mind so much paying for Q shipping AND paying the return shipping IF the item didn't fit or look right since the Q was crediting the original shipping on returns BUT paying both the original and the return will demand that I stop purchasing as much. Since the prices on many items seem to have been increased lately and the click here sizing and videos eliminated on many items, it will be difficult for me to make a purchasing decision. But that in the long run may work out for the best.......
I agree. In the long run jt may prove to be less expensive for me, but at first blush, I am nervous. Basically, it just means that the return policy isn't quite as broad. But the up front ordering has improved for most so us. So they are "punishing" or at least discouraging returns. Makes good business sense, does not make sense for me to purchase shoes or clothing which certainly needs to be see in person.
Respected Contributor

I just spoke to CS because I have one Linea top that's too big and one that's too small. I order this line a lot but still it's impossible with clothes. CS told me get them in by Feb 17 for an even exchange. After that, I'll have to pay full freight returning one and getting the exchange.

How many people realize that! So much for clothes.

I'll stick to lines like LE, which is much more fashionable lately where there are even exchanges and more standardized sizing.

Respected Contributor

I liked the old rules better. I think they will ship out everything parcel post. I often upgraded to UPS to received more quickly. UPS charges are very high on items. I also always returned within 30 days.

Honored Contributor

As they say, nothing good lasts forever. Someone will always find a way to mess it up!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

Had to return an item today ... fortunately it was defective. But the next time it isn't (due to wrong fit) ... the cost of S&H both ways will be approx. $10. Egads!

Occasional Contributor

After reading the comments on this thread and one other I took it upon myself to call Corporate and give them my opinion of their "exciting" news. Of course I had to leave a message (believe this is automatic so they can look up your account) but they did call me back fairly quickly. I asked the woman I was speaking to if she really thought that the QVC customer was stupid enough not to realize that the change in QVC s/h policy was actually going to end up costing us more. And how is it fair that if I have a size 7W foot, and order a 7W shoe or boot and it does not fit I should be poenalized for this and end up paying s/h twice by returning said shoe or boot. I went on to say that as a customer of 23 years standing (which of course she knew) who has spent MANY thousands of $ over the course of those 23 years that I considered this to be an insult of the first order and that I would most certainly be thinking twice before ordering any garment again. The woman acknowledged that yes, I have been a very good customer and she was very sorry that this was a problem for me.

I also mentioned how many sites (AMAZON, Zappos to name 2) charge minimal or no s/h for orders over $50. She countered with "well, not if you shopped with MACYS on line". I said I wasnt talking about a dept. store site but others which are also reputable. And, in fact, over Christmas didn't most B&M stores have free shipping on Cyber Monday at least? Anyway, the woman was just a mouthpiece, after all. And I was not rude. Just stating my mind. She said she would "pass my comments on". I realize I am only one voice. But if enough people let THEIR voices be heard it will make a difference to their bottom line.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure the powers-that-be read all the comments on these threads, so we should all make our feelings known, either by phone or right here!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Just posted this in another thread: What I bolded is what bothers me the most...seems like a sneaky way to get more money from me, which is why I returned them in ONE package!

I ordered 2 of the Women With Control TSV's--2 different colors, same order. Now, when I've ordered multiples of the same item in the past, they came in the same package. These TSV's came in TWO separate bags, each with it's own $6.95 return label!

They don't fit (big surprise--not!) so I have to return them. I refuse to send them back in 2 separate packages. That would be $6 initial shipping PLUS $13.90 to send them back separately for a total of $19.90!!!! That's ridiculous!

Considering the inconsistent sizing and lack of measurements on garments, plus the lack of quality control, that's just too much to risk every time I order something. I know if the item is defective or incorrect, Q will still refund the shipping, but I don't think "it doesn't fit" will be considered a defect (even though it's usually their fault).

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/10/2015 VAbelle said:

Had to return an item today ... fortunately it was defective. But the next time it isn't (due to wrong fit) ... the cost of S&H both ways will be approx. $10. Egads!

What if you return for exchange for another size (not defective)? Will you pay another $3. S&H? If so, that's three S&H charges on YOU.