Honored Contributor

Re: New S & H from QVC Weigh In

You'd think that with the lousy economy, and plenty of competition online, the Q would try to hold the line on big price increases and hidden costs. It's definitely going to alienate customers.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

My take on s&h is different than a lot of people's, partly because of how I shop, on line. I almost always am buying only a single item. QVC'S s&h charges have never seemed exorbitant to me, they've seemed very much in line with places I shopped. I hear about all this free shipping and returns;I just don't seem to encounter it much. I also can't think of another place that I shop that refunds original shipping. With what has to be their volumn of returns, I've wondered for ages, when they would stop doing that! For my own reasons, I try to be a very careful buyer. I despise returning. Everything about it, just just fries my potatoes! I don't see the home shopping channels ever going to, across the board free s&h. They have the overhead of running a TV network. So, I guess we just need to decide, where, for each of us, it makes the most sense to shop.
Respected Contributor

I tried to order Quacker Factory shirt, one shirt and shipping was $9.96. This new policy doesn't help Alaska. If QVC wants to sell only to contiguous 48 states, they should say so.

Respected Contributor

What bothers me the most is that that beginning later this month won't get the original shipping charge back if you return something unless it was defective. Add that to the return charge. It really adds up, especially on an item that has a larger original shipping and handling fee like today's special value. Today I ordered a cami that was 26.50 with 3.00 shipping. After I ordred i realized that if I return it I will pay the return label fee of 6.95 plus the original shipping of 3.00 so now something that cost 26.50 will cost me 10.00 to return. I cancelled the order because if it doesn't fit me I will be out $10... That is a big waste of money when I can go to the local stores and not pay any shipping. I guess they are doing this to discourage returning but I shop mostly on sites with free shipping and/or free return labels or the ability to return to the store. I, personally, do not like the new system and will be buying less.

Occasional Contributor

What bothers me the most, is the incredible rise in prices just in the past week, to compensate for the reduced shipping. I went to my order history, and nearly everything I purchased in the past month or 2 alone, has gone up. Just 1 Mally eyeliner alone, $7 increase in the QVC price. My favorite Clarks Lexi sandles used to be under $60. Last week, $71, today... $72.00. If I continue to shop at QVC, it will be clearance items ONLY.

Honored Contributor

My last orders were during the last week of January. (Mostly Linea) I don't see myself buying much any more. The prices are going up way too much. I noticed most of Joan Rivers Collection Jackets are around $70. or so now.

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 circles said:

I am not sure....I enjoyed that half off s&h when you purchased more then one of the same item....now we don't get that....and in all fairness....the return label should be the same as the label coming to us...

I pay $3.00 shipped to me....but $6.95 plus the $3.00 ..total $9.95 to send it back....purchasing could get pretty expensive....from the Q....if said purchase didn't fit or didn't meet our needs....

I know I will think long and hard before buying....

Hi circles...ITA

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Daysdee said:

My last orders were during the last week of January. (Mostly Linea) I don't see myself buying much any more. The prices are going up way too much. I noticed most of Joan Rivers Collection Jackets are around $70. or so now.

Hi Daysdee....I concur ---QVC's clothing prices have gotten absolutely ridiculous and then thinking about what your paying for a return $6.95 PLUS loss of your original shipping, if something does not fit right, so it's cheaper and better to shop locally.....what are their EXECS thinking...they are pricing themselves out of the market!!!! Oh but they have their "loyal" customers who buy anything and everything regardless of price because "the hosts are their BFFs" and they keep in touch together on Facebook....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I will be buying way less. Particularly in clothes, shoes or fragrance. I'm not going to be punished b/c returns are to be expected in buying these items on line. $l0. returns, plus the unbelievable hike in prices, they have gone from average price merchandise to the high end product prices. Good luck on that.

Trusted Contributor

I thought that I hated the idea. I still won't buy shoes or clothing because I need to try those on and know that I can return them. But for beauty products (the bulk of what I buy from QVC) this works well for me. I didn't think I'd feel comfortable trying new foundations and powders with the new policy, but I realized that I don't return much. And most of the kits and beauty product I purchase have been $5-8 shipping. So maybe this won't be a problem for me after all.