Honored Contributor

I got to see part of the farewell Judith Ripka show yesterday.During one portion I noticed Rick joking and talked about a "she" as his "boss." I think he asked something like do you know we have a new president. 

Anyway, I wondered about this, and if this person is responsible for the many changes. Since she just started I think there are many people working to improve things. But I also think that might have something to do with the hosts who are suddenly "leaving to spend more time with family," or something else. 

There is a new president of QVC AND HSN together, effective September 16, Leslie Ferraro. She worked at Disney for 17 years. 

"The former Disney executive is charged with developing experiences to attract more consumers to the QVC and HSN platforms."

Mike George is still president and CEO of Qurate Retail. 

Honored Contributor

If she is the one responsible for the departures, I'm not at all impressed with her.

Super Contributor

“Beach Mom “...What did you mean by....Judith Ripka...farewell show....?

is she no longer going to be on QVC....?

Esteemed Contributor

My son works for Disney.  The people that work there are very well trained.  That, plus Disney really knows how to bring in the money.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

I recalled that happen at HSN a few years ago and some of their host left like Bill Green and some of the vendors also changed. Wolfgang,Curtis Stone, Andrew, and few others went to HSN during that transition.

Honored Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

“Beach Mom “...What did you mean by....Judith Ripka...farewell show....?

is she no longer going to be on QVC....?

@TVLand - Judith is retiring. Her daughter-in-law Allison and her executive assistant Beth will be presenting her jewelry. But she doesn't own the company any longer. 

Yesterday was her last appearance on QVC. Smiley Sad

You can read more of a discussion in the Jewelry and Judith Ripka forums. 

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

My son works for Disney.  The people that work there are very well trained.  That, plus Disney really knows how to bring in the money.

@Puppy Lips - What a great opportunity for him! DD went to a small college. The president was a former Disney employee and we could see touches of "the Disney way" in things he said and did. He left before her senior year to care for aging parents. I always thought he was a good person, but I didn't get to know the one who replaced him. 

Contributor

Re: New President of QVC?

[ Edited ]

Side note:  I will not miss Judith, her skull jewelry completely creeps me out.

(Edited to say):

Oops ... Barbara Bixby has that hideous skull jewelry ... not Judith .... thanks @Spurt for clarifying that.

Honored Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

Side note:  I will not miss Judith, her skull jewelry completely creeps me out.

@MercyMe7 

I think you are confusing Judith Ripka with Barbara Bixby......??????????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: New President of QVC?

[ Edited ]

Looking back when Mike George took over---They hired  Clarie Watts formerly of Walmart, she left, they shuffled around some execs  With the merger and formation of Qurate, more Exec changes....then sales declined.....

Now Leslie Ferraro a former Disney Exec took over  9/16 QXH (QVC & HSN brands)..... Ferarro worked at the Walt Disney Company for 17 years, most recently as co-chair, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media and president, Disney Consumer Products. She is tasked with continuing to combine the businesses while also growing their reach via video, social shopping and digital engagement

There was high hopes for Mindy Grossman when she got the Exec job at HSN....she worked for Nordstorms....but her ideas were bizarre....pairing HSN with movies and creating movie merchandise and both turned out to be flops.... She couldnt turn HSN around...and left to become the exec of Weight Watchers.....I just hope Leslie Ferraro doesnt try a similar plan and partner with Disney movies and TV shows from ABC (which is owned by Disney) indundate QVC with Disney merchandise (although Jane Tracey would be quite happy Smiley Wink )........STAY TUNED to see if Leslie refreshes and renews Qurate and see what ideas she has.....

But QVC cant seem to find the right formula in the changing retail world....I think QVC needs to listen to customer feedback and suggestions rather than window dressing changes (new show titles and hosts) but they continue to show nothing but the same ole stuff......It appears that QVC is marketing themselves as a TV Boutique Shopping Channel with limited brands (many in-house brands) and higher uncompetitive prices..JMHO

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”