Trusted Contributor

New Presentation Format for Jewelry

I don't care for the look of this set (3:00 pm Jai show) -- two hosts, the vendor, and the model all sitting and crowded.  It looks awkward and uncomfortable.  I don't think two hosts are needed but that's my opinion, and the model sitting in the forefront to the right.  It just all looks weird to me.

Super Contributor

Re: New Presentation Format for Jewelry

I totally agree. And the model on the left constantly staring at camera with a fake smile is awkward. Who thought this is what we wanted? Show me the product not phony coffee clutch hour.
Esteemed Contributor

Yeaaahhhh, this afternoon duo just doesn't work. I like Jayne. I like Pat. But they really shouldn't do shows together because they both get kooky and unfocused, and when you add in a vendor—even an experienced one—it's just chaotic. I haven't seen them with a model in the mix as well, but that sounds like it would be very frustrating to watch.

Occasional Contributor

WoW what a hot mess. We' like to see the jewelry not 3-4 hosts. Poor model has her back to the camera and/or the hosts. The chair for the model is  not placed correctly. I feel like Im at the local Pub.

Honored Contributor

It looks cozy, I wonder if this will stick.

discussing jewelry.JPG

Honored Contributor

Here they are with a new guest.

discussing jewelry2.JPG

Regular Contributor

Whoever came up with this format should be demoted should be given a time out.

This format is so awkward.

Super Contributor

This show is just dreadful -- painful to watch.  Don't need two hosts -- and especially not Pat and Jayne together -- and Scott and the model.  The model is like the 4th man out -- just sitting there, not really part of the group.  Too much banter, too much yakking.  I want to see the jewelry.  I want to see close-ups of the jewelry.   I am not interested in which trip they want to go on.  JMHO - I guess this is supposed to be like a talk show format -- it doesn't work and is just awful. 

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree. I am not watching this show but I've seen them do this with other jewelry shows and I thought it looked ridiculous. They were practically sitting on top of one another. the only one who looked comfortable that time was the model who was able to sit down for a change!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the JAI jewelry . . . especially the cuff bracelet with the animals! At least they gave it enough of a presentation to see the details. It's stunning.

However, I agree with other posters. Get rid of that horrible set. We've had too many hosts lounging around on PM Style for years. Don't need more of that!

One host, a model and the representative from JAI (he's fascinating and could do the program himself!). Fewer distractions are best when showing jewelry.

Money screams; wealth whispers.