Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Page Design

[ Edited ]

I saw the change in the layout of the product pages this week, and I have seen it consistently in every product.  I think I mentioned the change in the website in one of my posts, and was surprised not to see a post just on this topic.  I use safari browser on a laptop/macbook pro.

But I remember a few weeks ago posts complaining that QVC was not posting garment measurements anymore, and someone explaining that the info was there, that people had to click something to see it.

So I am thinking QVC is slowly rolling out this revamp of the website design because that is how it works for me now, only a few lines of written description on the right side of the web page, and have to click on the "+" to see the full description, including garment measurements when applicable.  HSN does something similar.

I also do not like the new layout, I prefer to be able to see and read the entire product desription withoiut the additional clicks.  I read those descriptions before making purchases, and QVC is making it harder to make purchases.

All of the photos can be seen on the left side of the page, in larger size, instead of one big photo dominating with alternate thumbnails that could be clicked on to replace the big photo.  Seeing the alternate colors works the same way as before.  A large box for video display is below.

Below that, rows of suggested items, then reviews, then questions, then more suggested items, then links to livestreams, and below that, the regular QVC footer.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle    Yes, I noticed that as well...there is a block of all colors and WHERE are the measurements? Am I not seeing them or are the measuements gone?

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  I am on firefox on my laptop as I always have been.  A couple of days ago I couldn't sign in to the board or add anything to the cart and had to clear my cache and cookies and was able to sign in again.  Since then, I've had this problem.  Smiley Sad 

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  When I go to the item page, all the pictures are on the left and the price, colors, sizing, and everything else is in a column on the right.  In order to read the descrption, you have to click on the plus sign next to the word description. 

Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  When I go to the item page, all the pictures are on the left and the price, colors, sizing, and everything else is in a column on the right.  In order to read the descrption, you have to click on the plus sign next to the word description. 

@sunsetbeach  Oh, thank you for explaining that. 

So strange.  Mine looks the same as it always has.  I guess they're rolling out the changes in a staggered way(??)

Trusted Contributor

This is baffling to me. Mine hasn't changed at all. Items and colors as well as garment measurements, all the same as it's been for a long time. Very odd. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is going to be a large/long image, but I've captured what the new layout looks like; this doesn't illustrate the awkward changing of the photos above the video when you click a color option or show the expanded text in the description on the right, but it gives a basic idea of the new approach (also note that this particular listing has many more photos than some listings):

viewcomp.png

Honored Contributor

oh that does not look bad at all to me @loriqvc !

i like it and i like the larger images.

i have not seen any pages like that yet though via my laptop, which is how i generally access QVC and the forums.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

The problem with the new layout @sunshine45 is that the product written descriptions are truncated, requiring hitting extra links to view them.  If I am pressed for time, I will not buy if I can't read the entire description.

Honored Contributor

@sunsetbeach wrote:

@Kachina624  I am on firefox on my laptop as I always have been.  A couple of days ago I couldn't sign in to the board or add anything to the cart and had to clear my cache and cookies and was able to sign in again.  Since then, I've had this problem.  Smiley Sad 

@sunsetbeach    Check your screen closely and see if somewhere on the bottom right side are the words "full/mobile".  I'm not sure these would appear on a laptop but I occasionally get them on my tablet and if it's on mobile, everything changes position.  I just click " full" and things return to normal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment