Respected Contributor

New Invoice and Return Label

I just received a package today and could not locate my invoice inside.  Well, after checking the front of the shipping box I noticed that the address label peeled off to reveal the invoice (with a sticky backing) and the return shipping label attached already to the box beneath the invoice label.  This package was a VPH item.  I also received my Clarks boots but they had the invoice inside the box. Now how do I save the invoice if I choose to return the item, without keeping it on the box?  Also I like to keep my packing slips (invoices) in a pocket folder to match to my charge bill.  Now the invoice has a sticky backing.  Not sure how I like this new method!

Respected Contributor

Re: New Invoice and Return Label

I do not like it at all.  Sometimes I don't realize it's one of THOSE types and cut right through it when I'm trying to use a knife or scissors to cut through the tape on the box.  I wish they would scrap that idea and go back to the old way. 

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I just received a package today and could not locate my invoice inside.  Well, after checking the front of the shipping box I noticed that the address label peeled off to reveal the invoice (with a sticky backing) and the return shipping label attached already to the box beneath the invoice label.  This package was a VPH item.  I also received my Clarks boots but they had the invoice inside the box. Now how do I save the invoice if I choose to return the item, without keeping it on the box?  Also I like to keep my packing slips (invoices) in a pocket folder to match to my charge bill.  Now the invoice has a sticky backing.  Not sure how I like this new method!

It's nothing new. I sometimes receive my receipt on the front of the box/bag. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Maybe it's just a certain packer who does it 'cause it doesn't happen too often.

Respected Contributor

I snap a pic on my phone on everything in and out.  Use to only take photo of any returns but now I do it coming in since their shipping has gotten so wonky I go to the phone and it’s instantly in chronological order (I need all the help I can get).

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, this new way of doing things is not to my liking either, I recently had to return 2 big boxes with plant stands from MS. First off,the packaging was too fragile for the contents and the plant stands were damaged. I thought there was no paper work with the products until I examined the box a little closer. I could use the return label as it was, but the invoice rolled up and was all sticky, I had to print the invoice off from the Q. I don't understand why the Q wants to make it so difficult for the customer.

Honored Contributor

That's the way they've always shipped most items arriving in boxes, especially vendor-shipped.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My boxed items have has the labels on the front for years.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline 

This is not an invoice in an envelope on the outside of the box, I have had that too.  This is 3 different sticky labels stuck on top of each other right on the outside, no envelope.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe I am not explaining myself well.  I get a lot of packages and I have never seen this before:  3 sticky labels on top of each other and no envelope with an invoice inside. There is no paper invoice at all and the return label already stuck to the box.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

This is new; I don't think you are understanding what I am describing.  I get several packages a week for 15 years and have never seen this before.  You peel the top label where it is addressed to you, then you peel and reveal the invoice label, you peel that off and the return label is already stuck on the box.