Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Hosts At Home Program,,,,,,,really

If, for example,  you look at the map of NYS "quarantine " states, the bulk of New England and Mid-Atlantic states are excluded, although Delaware and Rhode Island fluctuate in and out.  At this time, travel within this region doesn't appear problematic. 

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

If, for example,  you look at the map of NYS "quarantine " states, the bulk of New England and Mid-Atlantic states are excluded, although Delaware and Rhode Island fluctuate in and out.  At this time, travel within this region doesn't appear problematic. 

@Johnnyeager  You are right it isn't problematic.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Im am amazed this thread is still around.  Nothing but pure speculation here.

@Imaoldhippie , there are numerous threads about this very issue.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

I have not been to Florida and don't live in PA.  What I don't understand... if I were to travel to visit my daughter in Florida and if I go home to MD I would have to quaranteen or  the other way around.  Who would police this?  Who would even know.      

Exactly what my question has been from the beginning. No answer that I know of from anybody. I'm in CT, our Governor, along with NY mayor/gov, loved to tout all summer long as they added states that must quaranteen when visiting here. Our towns were over-run with "escapees" from NY, NJ, MA all summer, many taking up residence here. Our outdoor cafes packed, and not at a distance or masked. Do I personally think people quaranteen?...Well, I've known some friends, relatives who have traveled, come back and self-quaranteened. Do I think all our visiters have? No. I don't get how you police them...except for "you don't." And...if someone's coming to visit..maybe they aren't even going to be here long enough to stay in 14 days, then be able to be out and about? So many mysteries during this COVID thing.

@amyb , no one is going to police anything.  I live in Ohio.  As of yesterday there are 7 states on our travel restriction list and if we travel to anyone of those states, it is "recommended" that we quarantine upon our return back to Ohio. 

It is up to each individual to know these restrictions and to do the right thing and quarantine.  Not all employers are enforcing the quarantine either.   I have friends who traveled to one of the advisory states and didn't quarantine nor did employers enforce it and make them stay home from work.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The fact that multiple threads on this topic live on indicates to me that there is, indeed, no speculation,  but posters opining on the facts as they exist, either caring or not caring about Jane's work site.

Many were in shock she risked getting the virus by vacationing period.  She certainly did not need to risk her family's lives.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

The fact that multiple threads on this topic live on indicates to me that there is, indeed, no speculation,  but posters opining on the facts as they exist, either caring or not caring about Jane's work site.

Many were in shock she risked getting the virus by vacationing period.  She certainly did not need to risk her family's lives.  

@Reever and many don't see any problem with her going at all.  And her family was with her and since they are grown adults, they must not have had an issue going either and didn't feel as if their lives were at risk.

Respected Contributor

Cars are tracked going through tolls.  License plates clearly state your home and if youre on the quarantine list.....there ya go.  Quarantine if your state requires it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

@Reever and many don't see any problem with her going at all.  And her family was with her and since they are grown adults, they must not have had an issue going either and didn't feel as if their lives were at risk.

It's a free country, it was a family trip.  We cannot live under a rock for the rest of our lives.....

Trusted Contributor

So bogus.  They must think we are a bunch of dummies!   I do not believe anything they say.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Jane said she’d be back in the studio tomorrow night.

It has not been two weeks since she returned.  Is anyone reporting her to the Department of Health ? I know travellers in NY have to fill out a Covid 19 travel form that is sent to Dept. Of Health.

-------  

You can't be serious? Is this sarcasm?

I can't tell you, how creepy I find it, that any viewer, would get that involved, in the life of a TV shopping host!