Valued Contributor

I find QVC pairs the hosts together who are the most like the other. Like AP and RB, PJD and JB etc. What's wrong with that is when the hosts are not our favorite, they can cause channel changes.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

I think they do it because if people don't like one host they might like the other...or it's a money issue.

Valued Contributor

Kelsey17 said: "Pairings are not needed unless it's Gourmet Holiday.  Other than that, it's a waste.

The pairings ARE horrible.....but i disagree about needing two for the Gourmet shows.......if they would actually let the VENDORS speak...they would only need one host for those shows too................and i don't mind a host test tasting the Gourmet foods...but lately some of them just plain keep eating whole portions during the presentations...not pretty. Like they haven't eaten for days......"

100% agree but it's not just lately, it's always been and some can't stop eating and/or touching all the food to claim it etc. The hosts are so rude and gluttoneous with the food. I just can't watch those shows anymore.

Valued Contributor

I think a few of the hosts do the same thing. She's not the only offender. 

Trusted Contributor

I think Sandra over compensates by trying to be something she's not. My impression is that she's a naturally introspective type person and when she first started she seemed really out of her element. TPTB probably told her she needed to project more enthusiasm and she has now gone over the top to the point she is just plain obnoxious.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

I think Sandra over compensates by trying to be something she's not. My impression is that she's a naturally introspective type person and when she first started she seemed really out of her element. TPTB probably told her she needed to project more enthusiasm and she has now gone over the top to the point she is just plain obnoxious.

@LuvSoCal - ITA. I think she is probably more introverted IRL. When she is in front of the camera she is "on."  I wouldn't say she's obnoxious, but I do think she seems to have to try harder than some others. 

Respected Contributor

I hate two hosts. Too much talking and giggling. 

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone see the David, Alberti pairing last night?  I tuned in and saw Alberti and immediately changed channels. 

Respected Contributor

I never understood pairing two professional hosts.  Such a waste of money.  Maybe Q is doing a lot better than I think.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I never understood pairing two professional hosts.  Such a waste of money.  Maybe Q is doing a lot better than I think.  

@Sunshine Kate  I thought the hosts had contracts which included salary for the year or however long the contract says. No extra money,just yearly salary. I could be wrong but I'm sure I have read this.