Honored Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

Which one is Allex, I cannot place her. QVC does not have them on the website as yet some maybe tentative I assume. Is she the one who looks like Antonella Jr or Sandra Jr?

@wakefield64  I'm not sure if Alex is the one I think she is. Not on FB and new hosts not listed w/ pics yet. Can someone post a pic or not allowed by mods?

@Shanus @wakefield64, if you go to Suggestion Box, scroll down to topic "New Hosts", someone was kind enough to post a pic of the 5 new ones. Alex is standing, dark brown hair.

@Sueliz  Yes, she's the Alex I thought we were all discussing. Thanks.

My pleasure @Shanus!  Now if someone could just tell me what the heck "Bomb dot com" means!  

@Sueliz   Bomb dot com? Ooooh. Have no idea!!

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

Which one is Allex, I cannot place her. QVC does not have them on the website as yet some maybe tentative I assume. Is she the one who looks like Antonella Jr or Sandra Jr?

@wakefield64  I'm not sure if Alex is the one I think she is. Not on FB and new hosts not listed w/ pics yet. Can someone post a pic or not allowed by mods?

@Shanus @wakefield64, if you go to Suggestion Box, scroll down to topic "New Hosts", someone was kind enough to post a pic of the 5 new ones. Alex is standing, dark brown hair.

@Sueliz  Yes, she's the Alex I thought we were all discussing. Thanks.

My pleasure @Shanus!  Now if someone could just tell me what the heck "Bomb dot com" means!  

@Sueliz   Bomb dot com? Ooooh. Have no idea!!

Lol, @Shanus, it's something that Alex keeps saying and it just makes no sense to me.  I caught the end of a show she was doing and she told the vendor, "you're the bomb dot com".  I get "the bomb" part, lol.... 

Honored Contributor

I haven't bothered to read through all the posts on this thread, but I get the gist.

I wonder if, during training or interviewing, they explain to potential hosts that their every perceived flaw will be immediately dissected and they will be ripped to shreds for all their "failings"?  It seems it would only be fair to let new hosts know exactly what they're in for - a baptism of fire.

I wonder how well any of us would perform in a new job, especially if we had a forum where everyone could post his/her criticisms?  Hmmm.

Regular Contributor

Ditto.  She is too loud, and talks too fast, never takes a breath.  She runs around the set screaming like she has to saying everything in one breath.  She is annoying and off goes the TV.

Honored Contributor

Alex is just way too loud and overthetop!!! A channel changer for sure...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: New Host Alex

[ Edited ]

@Tadaki wrote:

I also don't ever watch Mally because of the screeching, but your description of the show was priceless!  I've seen Alex once and also was not impressed.  

Posters say the new hosts need time to learn, and to an extent that's true as far as giving descriptions, filling the time, etc.  But even very old videos of Mary Beth and Jill show them as very poised.  As as example, I remember seeing Antonella and thinking she was completely unprepared.  But she always had such a good personality and it all came together for her.  

@Tadaki  @mariadomenica

When they "need more time" perhaps QVC isn't the job for them. After a few minutes of watching Alex that was enough for me!

KatieMcGee is a fairly new host and she is EXCELLENT!!!  Alex could take a clue from her to see how it's done.  Katie is calm, pleasant, lets the vendor speak, and adds good info to the conversation!---what a GOOD host!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

I've seen Alex 3 or 4 times now, and I have to say she has a very strong personality.  I have no idea what her background is, but she's very self-assured, she is not in the least tentative or reserved, the way most new hosts are in the beginning.

You are right - she isn't in the least reserved, but she should be reigned in a bit, and she needs a filter on her voice. I don't hear as well as I once did, but I'm not deaf and I hate being screamed/screeched at.  Can't watch this girl. Didn't see or hear her with Mally, as I can't watch Mally with anyone. There's another newby, pretty girl with long dark hair, who has the most annoying nasal twant I've heard in years.  The Q is really running me away with some of the hosts. Give me more Katie Magee, Carolyn, Jill, Mary Beth and a few others.  I don't want to be screamed at. Life's too short.

@Perkup ~ There is a very seasoned female host that sounds extremely nasally...I always find myself saying "please blow your nose,"...I have a hard time listening to her when she's on.🤧

@AKgirl2 @Perkup

I agree what is up with QVC---if you have a nasal sounding voice you are sure to be hired by QVC---LOL!!!!  Alex is just out of control and I wont watch a host that screeches/screams!!! That is not necessary and doesn't make me buy anything---it does just the opposite and I grab the remote............

ITA I think Katie McGee is excellent---and I also like Carolyn, Leah, Pat, and Jayne Brown can be quite good (if she isn't in one of her silly moods ).........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wakefield64 wrote:

@wakefield64   @Shanus

Here's the Blog/Photos of new hosts:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&fi...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

I haven't bothered to read through all the posts on this thread, but I get the gist.

I wonder if, during training or interviewing, they explain to potential hosts that their every perceived flaw will be immediately dissected and they will be ripped to shreds for all their "failings"?  It seems it would only be fair to let new hosts know exactly what they're in for - a baptism of fire.

I wonder how well any of us would perform in a new job, especially if we had a forum where everyone could post his/her criticisms?  Hmmm.

@Venezia

If a host's annoying habits and unprofessionalism causes customers to stop watching/buying then we do have the right to provide our feedback, and the feedback is valuable to QVC too (their financials havent been good lately, and if a host has customers turning the channel its not going to benefit QVC's revenues  either!)

The QVC hosts'  job is that of a sales person, their main function is to present and sell products.  This is not about choosing someone to be nice to and adored on Facebook. If the personality doesn't fit the job it's better for everyone if they explore a different career that is more of a match to their personality. 

I do like Mary Nelson and Katie McGee.

Contributor
@Venezia wrote:

@Venezia

If a host's annoying habits and unprofessionalism causes customers to stop watching/buying then we do have the right to provide our feedback, and the feedback is valuable to QVC too (their financials havent been good lately, and if a host has customers turning the channel its not going to be a good for QVC either!)

The QVC hosts'  job is that of a sales person, their main function is to present and sell products.  This is not about choosing someone to be nice to and adored on Facebook. If the personality doesn't fit the job it's better for everyone if they explore a different career that is more of a match to their personality. 

I do like Mary Nelson and Katie McGee.

@Spurt 

I so agree with your statement!!!  In the end it is the customers that will make the final decision because it comes down to dollars. Hosts make a six figure salary so I think if the customers aren't responding to them it is time to rethink if they should pass the probation period. QVC won't want to spend money on them because customers aren't.  No host can please all the people but it has to make financial sense for them to stay on air.  Air time = dollar time and unfortunately Alex seems to equal change the channel time.