Super Contributor

Re: New Host Alex

[ Edited ]
kjae, OMG! I so agree with you about everything you have said about the 4 new hosts. I cannot watch the new hosts and also the one with the shakey voice, I have to turn her off. They don't. know how to present and speak so unprofessional, what was QVC thinking. I thought while in training new hosts have to take classes in speaking and presentation. I was in sales and had to do a lot speaking and presentations and how a person speaks and the wording that is used was so important.
Contributor

I need to stop trying to watch Alex, for all the reasons already stated.  If only she could at least get all of her information right!  I saw her doing a fashion show and talking about all the colors -- She showed one in white, and said "I call it winter white because white isn't just for summer." No, "winter white" is a totally different color than regular white -- Call it what the manufacturer calls it!  If I had ordered it expecting "winter white" and actually got regular white, I would not be happy!

Honored Contributor

I would think a pleasant speaking voice (like Carolyn) would be one of the top priorities for a host.    

Frequent Contributor

I know I'm late to this thread but I COMPLETELY agree about the new host with the shakey voice... ARGH!  At first i just thought it was because she was nervous, but it went on and on and on.... and she pauses and draws out her words so much it's unwatchable.  And to that end all of the new hosts are unwatchable to me as well.  QVC is losing business because if I'm not watching I'm not buying.

Wake up QVC!

Regular Contributor

She is simply the 2.0 version of Shawn Killinger. Not hip. Not cool. Not polished. Not watching.

Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Occasional Contributor

I enjoy Alex. Her personality is fun. Let's give them time ladies. We shouldn't be so critical of them. If they are still around in a year I'm sure they will all have their skills fine tuned. I do agree though that Mary Nelson's is shaky. . .

Trusted Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

The Insider says these five are what we got after 10,000 people applied to be hosts.

Maybe the Q needs a third party to do the hiring for them.  

Honored Contributor

@kikine wrote:

I enjoy Alex. Her personality is fun. Let's give them time ladies. We shouldn't be so critical of them. If they are still around in a year I'm sure they will all have their skills fine tuned. I do agree though that Mary Nelson's is shaky. . .

Did you read the thread?  She's gone.

Esteemed Contributor

Is the shaky voice gal, Mary Nelson?  I find her difficult to listen to.  

Esteemed Contributor

On another site I saw a mock-up of the September Insider cover, a a glamor shot of the 5 new hosts stating proudly "THE FABULOUS FIVE"....the FIVE was crossed out and replaced with FOUR.  Pretty funny, but if I worked in recruiting for the Q I'd be pretty embarassed by this turn of events........