Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

The new hosts are in training for many months before we see them.  If they (and QVC) choose not to take these comments as "constructive criticism" they will be the losers.   I also think Alex is too loud and I really dislike the "made-up" words (like Shawn uses) and terms like "the bomb.com" just don't fit into a professional presentation.   I know we have the ability to change the channel and a lot of us are doing that.

I wish someone would say what "the bomb.com" means.

@febe1, Lol, I've asked the very same question a couple of times!

@Sueliz @febe1

Here's the definition :

The bomb dot com. adjective ; other word formation type. A way to refer to any person, event, or thing which a person finds very cool or enjoyable. The phrase “the (or da) bomb” became popular in the nineties.

Thanks @Spurt!  I knew what "the bomb" meant, I just didn't get the "dot.com addition to it, lol!  I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post.  I Googled it just now, Reddit says it's just an extension of "the bomb" and it rhymes.  I had never heard it until Alex said it, I have 18 nieces & nephews all in their 20's, they've never said it.  Learn something new every day! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Host Alex

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@Sueliz wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

The new hosts are in training for many months before we see them.  If they (and QVC) choose not to take these comments as "constructive criticism" they will be the losers.   I also think Alex is too loud and I really dislike the "made-up" words (like Shawn uses) and terms like "the bomb.com" just don't fit into a professional presentation.   I know we have the ability to change the channel and a lot of us are doing that.

I wish someone would say what "the bomb.com" means.

@febe1, Lol, I've asked the very same question a couple of times!

@Sueliz @febe1

Here's the definition :

The bomb dot com. adjective ; other word formation type. A way to refer to any person, event, or thing which a person finds very cool or enjoyable. The phrase “the (or da) bomb” became popular in the nineties.

I knew about "the bomb," but the bomb dot.com makes no sense. Why bring that to a shopping channel?

Alex makes more mistakes and just laughs and never apologizes. I won't be spending a lot of time with her.

Esteemed Contributor

I think she's good but I haven't watched her more than a handful of times.  She does speak fast but not to the point where I can't understand her.  Her voice reminds me of Mila Kunis.  

Respected Contributor

I find myself liking her more as I watch her.

I am having problems listening to the host with the shaky voice (seems nice but voice makes me feel like nails on chalkboard), and the one that sounds like a Munchkin.

Baby girl voices send me running for the remote.  There are a couple on HSN also.  Don't the evaluators notice this?

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess loud and unprofessional is the new look of QVC  Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

@lousgirl84 wrote:

I like her.  She's cute and fun.  

I enjoy Alex's presentations too. She's not boring. She gives a lot of information about the product. And she's refreshing to watch. I hope she sticks around.

Respected Contributor

I think that Mary Nelson and Kourtney are the best new hosts. They remain calm and try to explain the items with no silliness. They seem  to want to keep the item being sold as the focal point not themselves. I do not care for Alex or Kathy. I have not seem Kathy for a while.

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I think that Mary Nelson and Kourtney are the best new hosts. They remain calm and try to explain the items with no silliness. They seem  to want to keep the item being sold as the focal point not themselves. I do not care for Alex or Kathy. I have not seem Kathy for a while.

@wakefield64  -  I saw Cathy yesterday, early morning.  She kept rocking her foot side to side in her tall boots and it looked odd on camera.  I've noticed she does it quite a bit, must be a nervous habit I guess, but looks awful.  She also couldn't pronounce the color "Currant" (she questionly said it, like she'd never seen the word in writing before) and the vendor had to help her, which I thought was pretty bad. 

Esteemed Contributor

I happened to see Alex late last night and she certainly is not boring. She seems to be a real character. She kept saying, "Can I get an Amen?" I thought she was having her own revival meeting. I felt this was odd for a host on a shopping channel to say during her presentation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sure Cathy is a very nice person but hosting does not seem to be her specialty. She people just are not cut out for it and some adjust fairly quickly. She looks uncomfortable doing it. Alex seems to be in need of a filter of some kind. The attention is supposed to be on the item being sold not on you. She does, however, fit in well with some of the currant hosts that say whatever comes into their heads too.