Frequent Contributor

Lately hosts are touting (over and over) that if you are a new customer you can get $5 off your first order!  Well, isn't that special!  My thought is what about something for long time customers? Although I must admit, getting a whopping $5 off my order, will not sway me to buy something I don't need nor will getting extra easy pays persuade me to hurry and apply for a Q Card. I haven't checked it out because I do not need another credit card but most likely people who can't pay off card in full each month will get a hefty interest charge in the neighborhood of 25%!  The bottom line to me is they just don't seem to care about long time customers who spend big $$ with them. For me, however, the days of spending big $$ are now over. I don't watch too much - got tired of so many hours of TSV's ALL. DAY. LONG. I thought I would give sister channel Q2 a chance but don't care for repeats as "inventory may have changed" along with price and also many times when I would check it out, wouldn't you know - the dang hour long TSV would be on. Oh well, I save my $$ and find other channels to watch!  I know this doesn't matter as similar complaints have been on this board for a very long time. I wonder - has it always been this way with the hours upon hours of HOUR long TSV shows for ONE item?  I actually do not recall this when I first became a customer over 10 years ago!  Perhaps I was so infatuated with discovering QVC and all was new that I didn't notice!!  I can barely stand watching 10 minutes on one item, let alone an hour! 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Customers get $5 off!

QVC recently had a promotion of $10 with each purchase.   Can't remember the details but that particular day, I wasn't interested in any shopping, even though I have a healthy wish list.

@Gramy24

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's at all unusual for businesses to have a "come-on" to "lure" in new customers.  Doesn't bother me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette, It may not be unusual for retailers to court new business, as it's how they keep growing, and stay in business.  I do think QVC should extend something to long time shoppers as other retailers occasionally do.  The everyday easy pay option for purchases using the Q Card is fine, but not everyone wants to use a QCard, and even if one does that's not really giving you anything other than spreading out the payments.  I'm thinking along the lines of a one-time birthday month coupon, or celebrating anniversaries of customers with a gift card when they hit the 10, 20, 30 year marks.  In fact, it would be cute if during the anniversary shows for the hosts that customers celebrating the same anniversary as Q shoppers be given the percentage off a purchase of the number of years being celebrated.  For example: a 30-year customer would have received 30% off one purchase from Mary Beth's 30th anniversary show.  The impact on the actual number of products sold might be miniscule, but the appearance of goodwill shown to the customers would be enormous. 

Honored Contributor

If that $5 attracts even a relative few new customers, in the long run that's good for all of us -  it keeps the company in business!   I don't want to see for QVC go the way of so many companies that have just disappeared in my long shopping lifetime -  and several more are looming!

As for what they do for us "old" shoppers???--   for me, the current shipping policy works best because the vast majority of my purchases come from beauty in the form of skincare.  I used to pay plenty for that shipping plus its tax but now everyhting comes for $3.00 plus fewer tax cents or even free.  Also, my most recent Perricone TSV will be $20 off in future AD shipments which I would have gotten no matter!

I do think @Gramy24has a point about how we react after some years of watching.  We watch differently and react differently, but I think that's true of many kinds of programming.  I know I have no patientce to watch a whole hour of most HGTV show -  I check in early in the hour and then try to return for the last 10 miniutes.  I also do that for running series, often seeing the first section of SVU so I know the problem and then coming back at the end to see the solution.  All the rest is formulaic and I have no patience for it.

Thus, I don't think QVC was all that better in its early days but we ceertainly were different watchers and I, for one, was a way different kind of buyer in those days.  Thank heavens for so few impulse buys any more!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the same question here that I've put to ATT and others.

Sure, I understand that you need to continue bringing in new customers, since the older ones die out or drift away in boredom.  

But my question is, what are you doing for those people who have been regular buyers from QVC since you were CNN?  Or those who have been with QVC for years?  Does loyalty mean anything anymore, or is the world just in search of quantity rather than quality? Where are my perks and discounts?  

Honored Contributor

At least Kohl's sends me a $10 gift voucher during my birthday month!  (And at other random times, too.)

I get the "$5 off to new customers", but I also understand the feeling of "what about us longtime customers"?  I feel the same way about DirecTV!

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way as Gramy24.    QVC should give a little something to long time customers.  All of the money I've spent at QVC over the last 25 years and nothing ?

I've been an HSN customer for about the same number of years.  Just got a birthday coupon, and I will use it.

Valued Contributor

I just used the 20% off at HSN and not too long ago $10 off. So I believe that works for me also. I have been a long time customer of QVC and maybe a few perks might help.

Honored Contributor

If I could only offer to give a miserly $5, as an incentive, I'd be so embarassed I just wouldn't offer anything.  Do they really think $5, is going to lure new customers? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment