Frequent Contributor

I was watching MaryBeth the other day with Bob Mackie and she had a caller that said she was going to come to see qvc and Marybeth told her Please Do it Before August because there was going to be Changes.  She did not say what that was.  Anyone else see that show and Hear Marybeth say that?  

Honored Contributor

Maybe they are going to online only--or ditching the studio and live shows? Going to video only .  .  .

Honored Contributor

@Arizona sunset wrote:

I was watching MaryBeth the other day with Bob Mackie and she had a caller that said she was going to come to see qvc and Marybeth told her Please Do it Before August because there was going to be Changes.  She did not say what that was.  Anyone else see that show and Hear Marybeth say that?  

i believe she was referring to the end of the studio tours, effective august 2019.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

April 23, 2019: QVC announced today the discontinuation of the QVC Studio Tour for the public, effective August 2019. The decision comes after careful consideration of the safety and security of the QVC Studio Park work environment and a need to limit public access to ensure a safe and secure workplace.

As part of these changes, the QVC Studio Store will also be closed and the space will be utilized to support QVC’s headquarters in other capacities.

We are grateful to our customers, guests, team members, and local community for their support over the past 22 years that the Studio Tour and Studio Store have been in operation. These changes do not impact QVC’s live audience shows and special event offerings. Please visit the Live Events section of our website to learn more about upcoming events.

https://corporate.qvc.com/newsroom/happenings/qvc-studio-tour-and-store-to-close-in-august-2019/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't usually speculate but it sure sounds like there may have been several incidents that precipatated this decision.  If so, then I applaud the decision to put the safety of the employees first.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I don't usually speculate but it sure sounds like there may have been several incidents that precipatated this decision.  If so, then I applaud the decision to put the safety of the employees first.

You don’t need an “incident” to decide this may not be safe for employees. Often there are annual reviews because this affects their insurance.

There’s plenty going on around the country to come to this decision.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner Maybe you could facebook Mary Beth Rowe, better than guessing. And that way you could ask her.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 There probably stepping up security everywhere. Strange people have stalked the Q. hosts in the past, amd the world is getting more frightenig. Who knows even a former worker at the Q could come back for revenge if they were let go. It happens everywhere, even Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mcdonald's, and big Businesses.. This ia a very different world we live in. I don't feel as safe anymore.

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@Sooner Maybe you could facebook Mary Beth Rowe, better than guessing. And that way you could ask her.

@BeccaLou  LOL!!!  I really really don't care!  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I have implemented additional security measures for my small business in a rural area.  One simply cannot be too careful anymore.