Occasional Contributor

I don't know for sure, but it seems there is a new camera angle, especially when the clothes are being modeled and everyone is standing in front of the camera.  The camera seems to be above and looking slightly down on everyone.

Is it done to make the hosts and models look better?  Get a broader look of the room?

Honored Contributor

I bet it is to not show as many details and yes also hoping to make models and clothes and hosts look better.

I think it is just another way to not show not very attractive details they might not want us to see.

(as you can see, I lost my trust in QVC giving an accurate presentation!)

What I don't like is when they have the hosts and vendors talking and they just keep the camera on one close up shot forever. It is like talking heads that you can't see!

I appreciate that they are trying to show the details but it doesn't have to be so long; or show the person talking and the fabric, design etc.

Susan Graver does it well I think. She'll say, could we have a close up and come in really close? Then they show for a few seconds the detail she is trying to show.

Otherwise how long can we stare at a button or anything?!

I like to see the details while also looking at who is talking, unless it is a close-up to show important details.

Also I wish they would not zoom in and out for one second to show an earring then zoom out to show the whole set! What is the point of that?!

I guess they think it is edgy or like a runway. It just makes me dizzy!

I know picky pickyWoman LOL

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay ita with you. It is not picky when it is our $, and it is so expensive and inconvenient to send items back.

With jewelry shoes it drives me nuts. Eg Not showing 

The inside and back of pieces, not showing it on a white background (I’m re to gold and gemstones).

How about showing tops with jackets over them?

Then the host says we don’t have time to show.......

if they stopped with all the needless nonsense there would be plenty of time.

I believe this is all very intentional on QVC’s part.

Honored Contributor

@IMW 

To add my pet peeve to yours ....jigglng the clothes on the hanger and the models prancing around jiggling the clothes they are wearng.  I just going to assume that they are trying to hide some design fault.  

If I can't get a good look at the garment ... I ain't buying it!

Honored Contributor

@IMW -

I'm glad you mentioned the jacket thing! I was going to also but thought I'd better stop before bashing posts,

and yes thank you, you are right!

We need to see it all the way it really is so we don't have to finance QVC further with returns!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Ditto on what everyone has said.   Adding my pet peeve, the use of scarves in hiding the details of clothing.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Frequent Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

Ditto on what everyone has said.   Adding my pet peeve, the use of scarves in hiding the details of clothing.  

I have one also!...Why do they need two host to show Susan’s stuff ( like they did today)..that’s ridiculous, maybe they can reduce her prices if they don’t have to pay two wages!!...Sorry I had to have a rant!.I feel better now!..🤦🏻‍♀️

Frequent Contributor

@Whippit wrote:

@luvzchiz wrote:

I have one also!...Why do they need two host to show Susan’s stuff ( like they did today)..that’s ridiculous, maybe they can reduce her prices if they don’t have to pay two wages!!...Sorry I had to have a rant!.I feel better now!..🤦🏻‍♀️

I did turn it off!