Respected Contributor

Boyds Bears!  Thank you QVC.  I sold most of them on EBay.  I did have other things that I donated or threw away. This fall another cleanout. 

Trusted Contributor

About, oh, 10 years ago my hubby and I were walking through Costco and they had a stack of record player devices that connected up to a computer so you could transfer your albums onto CDs. I went nuts! Whatt a great idea!

Wonderful hubby bought me one for my birthday. And it lives in the closet, in the  unopened box it came in.

Respected Contributor

A pressure cooker that sits there, all shiny blue and bossy, and mocks me...

Regular Contributor

This is a great topic. I bought a pasta maker machine from HSN a long, long time ago. During the demo,they made chocolate pasta! That set off some crazy part of my brain. I knew I had to make chocolate pasta. It was like being in love-you just don't think rationally. I used the pasta maker about 2 times and it did make really good pasta. But, I fell out of love with the idea of making chocolate pasta. So the pasta maker sat in a cabinet, taking up space. After a few years, my daughter had twin girls and I imagined hw great it would be to make chocolate pasta with my granddaughters. The busyness of being a grandmother of twins kept the pasta maker in the closet. I tried to find it about six months ago and it was gone. I think the Pasta Fairies took it to a far better place than it had ever known. On snowy nights, I wonder sometimes, what does chocolate pasta taste like?

Trusted Contributor

There are many, but the first that comes to mind would be my collection of moissanite jewelry.  I discovered JTV a few years ago and got carried away with all the sparkling and everything!  (VERY happy that phase has passed).  I have so many pieces, I seriously can't even think about the money I spent on everything.  It's scary.  When I do have the occasion to wear a nicer piece of jewelry I always reach for the same earrings and the same ring.  So why did I have to have so many pieces?  Got me!

By the way, you can add my name to list of people who own an ice cream maker that is taking up a whole shelf in the kitchen cupboard and hasn't been used in years, lol!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I've got many items I've bought recently I haven't used nor worn. I bought that SunVisor for your car for night or day that I've not used. I bought that shower scrubber brush that you put the cleaner in the handle of the brush. Both have sat there a couple of months.

Shoes, shoes, shoes! I've bought five pair of new shoes and have only worn one one time. I really have a problem buying way too many shoes and just don't have enough feet for them all.

Also, have a travel clothes steamer for years, never used. Also bought 6 pots & pans silicone lids I've never used.

I'm going to stop. I've probably got enough to open a small store.... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

OP--what a great thread!! I read tho it all and laughed my head off!! However, I, too, have the infamous ice cream maker that I have decided as of this very minute, to get rid of. I did use it for many years but we don't eat ice cream anymore, so it's outta here.

Does anyone remember those STUPID tap lights? I bought a set of 12 and tried to use them once---so much hassel and and didn't work to boot. Ash canned them just a few years ago. Lots of jeans from D & Co that had a funky smell to them---gone!!!! Also remember the earthquake putty---yup--fell for that too.

I do use my pressure cooker almost evey week from the Q--love that thing!!

Thanks for the laughs everyone!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting this.  I feel better now.  I have bought some things I never used.  Fortunately my daughter needed some of them and was grateful that I handed them over.  

1.  Camera

2.  Laptop

3.  Neat desk

4.  Pressure cooker

5.  Electric slicer

Just to mention a few.  What was I thinking!  I am retired from this as I no longer watch Live shopping channels.  You can see why.  I LOVE GADGETS.

Esteemed Contributor

@turtlelgk wrote:

Boyds Bears!  Thank you QVC.  I sold most of them on EBay.  I did have other things that I donated or threw away. This fall another cleanout. 

i HOLD ON TO MINE.  I made a special trip to PA to meet him.  He signed what I had.  Love the guy!  Not worth much actually but fun to own since it has become personal. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

There are many, but the first that comes to mind would be my collection of moissanite jewelry.  I discovered JTV a few years ago and got carried away with all the sparkling and everything!  (VERY happy that phase has passed).  I have so many pieces, I seriously can't even think about the money I spent on everything.  It's scary.  When I do have the occasion to wear a nicer piece of jewelry I always reach for the same earrings and the same ring.  So why did I have to have so many pieces?  Got me!

By the way, you can add my name to list of people who own an ice cream maker that is taking up a whole shelf in the kitchen cupboard and hasn't been used in years, lol!  :-)

Slowly giving my jewerlry collection away as gifts. Still in the boxes.