Esteemed Contributor

My biggest spending problem is buying clothes that I don't need.  I retired and my wardrobe is mostly workout clothes and jeans.  However, I love all the Fall clothing and shoes.  To compensate, I try to make it a point to dress up, even just to go to the grocery. 

I regret buying the ice cream maker--just because I learned to make a fabulous vanilla ice cream and then had my cholesterol checked.  Not a good day, so I am limiting ice cream to maybe once a week.

When the Q first started selling exercise equipment, I bought it all.  Thankfully, I have gotten over that and just go to the Y; but, I do sometimes pick up a DVD like Lesllie Sansone.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Far too many, but I'm getting better at thinking twice before buying, maybe it's a disease?  lol

Esteemed Contributor

Now we don't use, but did when our sons lived at home:

food dehydrator, breadmaker, Soda Stream, iced tea maker

I'd use more if I had more recipes: WP 3 tier steamer

I have some clothes, some purses, shoes that I hardly ever wear. 

I keep saying on the next rainy day I'm going sift through everything down to what is being used. If only.....

Honored Contributor

I have a beautiful black top, thought I'd have it for good. The weight and style of it, and the weather here, never all came together at the same time. It looks loverly on the hangar.

Frequent Contributor

Many years ago  -- decades now  --  we had an ice-cream maker.  Our children were much younger then and I remember some fun times with the ice cream maker.  But it was a lot of work for so little product.  The ice cream maker sat on the storage shelf for years (decades) until I finally gave it to charity  -- with original box and instruction booklet included.  Giving it away was the "end of an era."  We are grandparents now, and everyone just buys cartons of ice cream  in several and favorite flavors.  Enjoy life  (and ice cream!)

Honored Contributor

I bought an ice cream maker. Thought it was a great idea. But first time I went to use it, I realized there was no directions or recipes in the box. Never used it. But I still can't seem to get rid of it - so it sits in the box. 

And I must admit - I have bags of unopened clothes, It seemed like a good idea when I bought them but I seem to wear the same standards to work. And sadly I have enough handbags. It seemed I would have no trouble finding one I had to have but then I also liked the ones I was already using. So I have several with the tags still on them. I donated a few but haven't gotten to the point of getting rid of anymore.

Someday I hope to learn from my mistakes.

Trusted Contributor

Great topic, @Mollie!

My list is a mile long but here are some items just from the kitchen:

Bread Machine

Ice Cream maker

Snow Cone maker

Punch bowl, cups & ladle (actually have 2)

Most Pampered Chef purchases

Holiday specific china, silverware, glassware, serving ware

Coffee urn

Vintage Nesco (called Westinghouse then) Roaster with stand

*some canned food that will never get eaten 

*2 large Costco jugs (?gallons) of liquid dishwasher soap that I'm sure have solidified by now

3 coffee makers (or is it 4?)

a truckload of Chinet and party quality plastic utensils

plastic wrap, Zip Loc bags & tin foil in bulk

syrofoam & plastic party cups in bulk

key:

*- forgotten items that I stand around in the basement trying to remember to bring upstairs

EGADS I AM A HOARDER

dee

Respected Contributor

I have -2- items on a shelf in my garage that I plan on  giving to my sister-in-law if she wants them or donating.

*  Cuisnart Bread Maker

*  Electric Pressure Cooker purchased from QVC 

Used both maybe twice...Yes, but I had to have them.  Why do we do this?

Esteemed Contributor

One of those chocolate fountains for fondue....what a mess.....used it once

Respected Contributor

Several items come to mind, but what took up the most room was exercise equipment.  I got rid of all of it and will never buy any of it again!!

The post about having outfits that never get worn due to not having the right circumstances definitely applies to me.  Totally ridiculous to have that as a constant reminder in the closet.