Valued Contributor

Negative messaging. . .

[ Edited ]

What's going on at QVC?  Has anyone noticed all the negative messaging on the website?  1. "Sorry for the shipping delays..."  2. "Sorry we're having technical difficulties..." 3. "Sorry there's a delay in processing returns..."  That's a lot of "Sorry."

Honored Contributor

Re: Negative messaging. . .

[ Edited ]

When has it become a negative message to express being sorry about something?

I appreciate the fact that they are aware of a problem and are apologizing for it.

Would you prefer they say "we are having shipping delays and we aren't sorry one bit about it"? 

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I appreciate the fact that they are aware of a problem and are apologizing for it.

Would you prefer they say "we are having shipping delays and we aren't sorry one bit about it"? 

It's good to say sorry when you make a mistake, but when you log into a site and see multiple sorry messages, doesn't it make you wonder why someone has so many reasons to be sorry?

That's the negative message I think she's talking about. That maybe if QVC has to keep apologizing, they don't need to stop apologizing, they need to get to the root causes and stop making so many mistakes.

Honored Contributor

Yes, being transparent is a GOOD thing. 

Respected Contributor

I appreciate that they are staying touch with their customers about shipping, technical difficulties, etc. I don't find it to be a negative comment by any means.

Honored Contributor

I appreciate when a company is honest admitting their problems and their mistakes but now they need to find ways to fix these issues.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I understand the OPs point completely and concur.

A clear, negative message is being sent that "We are a Mess on Multiple Fronts"   It's basically an SOS.  To me, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

It's good to say sorry when you make a mistake, but when you log into a site and see multiple sorry messages, doesn't it make you wonder why someone has so many reasons to be sorry?

That's the negative message I think she's talking about. That maybe if QVC has to keep apologizing, they don't need to stop apologizing, they need to get to the root causes and stop making so many mistakes.

@Alison Wonderland No, it doesn't make me wonder. 

Esteemed Contributor

No need for me to wonder either.  It's a clear message (to me) that they are inept and poorly managed.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @Johnnyeager -- You get me!!  I was speaking from a PR/messaging standpoint.  All the 'sorry' messages basically tell the customer:  QVC is a billion-dollar company, but none of their processes work properly from placing an order, waiting for shipment, getting the wong size-wrong-color-broken item, and then returning for a refund that's slower than molasses.  But they're sorry, so I guess its ok!!