Honored Contributor

Re: Negative Remarks Regarding Hosts

There is a difference between bashing and offering constructive criticism.  IMO, too many people refuse to see the difference between them.  

Honored Contributor

@_O_ wrote:

Adding some humor, personality and fun to the program is not the reason for dropped sales, but you keep on with that.

What you call personality and fun may not be that for others.  Their opinions are just as valid as yours.  

IMO, I think people can't tell the difference between a critique and bashing anymore.  If someone disagrees with posters or talks about their favorite host/s, posters get all uptight and respond with snark or report it.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@_O_ wrote:

Adding some humor, personality and fun to the program is not the reason for dropped sales, but you keep on with that.

What you call personality and fun may not be that for others.  Their opinions are just as valid as yours.  

IMO, I think people can't tell the difference between a critique and bashing anymore.  If someone disagrees with posters or talks about their favorite host/s, posters get all uptight and respond with snark or report it.

@CalminHeart 

Well said!!! ITA!!  There's a big difference in saying a host talks too fast, or too many personal stories and where's the product info, or quit interrupting the vendor (which are a valid critiques) VERSUS that host is a fat pig or that host's ears are so big she could be a double in the Dumbo movie...(these kind of comments are totally unacceptable and should be deleted by the mods)

And I'm tired of these "fan clubs" that wont allow one suggestion to be made about QVC or their fav hosts...you cant even put an idea in the Suggestion Box without getting bashed and trashed...😒 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC could be offensive to some

Trusted Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I wonder why the moderators pick and choose which Host bashing they delete and which they leave up?  I have observed that any negative remarks made abot Shawn are immediately deleted and yet for example the two different threads bashing Antonella are left up as other host bashings have been untouched.  Hmmm, wonder if that is in her contract?  I personally dislike the bashing threads because we are all have feelings. However, I have read threads about Shawn that  were not bashing just remarks regarding her hosting and they were still removed.   I seldom watch the Q live so I really don't care how they act or what they wear and think people who are bothered by them are watching way too much. Lol.

Sometimes, posters give good advice - advice that hosts need to hear.  Obviously, QVC has no one in a position to coach the hosts, even the more senior hosts.  Everyone needs to keep their skills up.

Yes, I have read some posts that are nasty but not all posts "criticize".  Even if the posts are nasty and get removed, the message - not the method - is still clear. There are a few that need to step up their game.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@alarmclock wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

I wonder why the moderators pick and choose which Host bashing they delete and which they leave up?  I have observed that any negative remarks made abot Shawn are immediately deleted and yet for example the two different threads bashing Antonella are left up as other host bashings have been untouched.  Hmmm, wonder if that is in her contract?  I personally dislike the bashing threads because we are all have feelings. However, I have read threads about Shawn that  were not bashing just remarks regarding her hosting and they were still removed.   I seldom watch the Q live so I really don't care how they act or what they wear and think people who are bothered by them are watching way too much. Lol.

Sometimes, posters give good advice - advice that hosts need to hear.  Obviously, QVC has no one in a position to coach the hosts, even the more senior hosts.  Everyone needs to keep their skills up.

Yes, I have read some posts that are nasty but not all posts "criticize".  Even if the posts are nasty and get removed, the message - not the method - is still clear. There are a few that need to step up their game.

@alarmclock 

For tenured hosts--A long time ago in an interview one host shared how they used to get crtiqued after each show, but it sure looks like the only thing they do now is they get an email if they did something wrong....Several mentioned on air that they got in trouble for doing something, and didn't want to get another email so they better behave.  Or if they mess up on something in a show I heard a couple of hosts say, I'm sure to get an email about that.......

For new hosts they get trained by Mary Beth and also get assigned a host mentor.  But some of the pairings are with bad hosts....

Like you said I think more critiquing would be helpful to both the hosts and help alleviate audience headaches...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do find it interesting/sad just how many threads that have had to have been deleted by the super capable mods since this one was started. Many have been shut due to negative remarks regarding hosts by the exact same people who defend their "rights" to express their "opinions"!

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I do find it interesting/sad just how many threads that have had to have been deleted by the super capable mods since this one was started. Many have been shut due to negative remarks regarding hosts by the exact same people who defend their "rights" to express their "opinions"!

@JasoninBoston Yep, it seems to be the same usual suspects making the same remarks. Why they can't just provide job related constructive criticism instead of turning it into personal attacks. I know hosts are public personalities but that doesn't mean they deserve unfounded comments about their personal lives and appearance, and posters need to stop justifying their "opinions" based on that mindset. 

Super Contributor

Some posters seem to think that their version of "professionalism" is the one that QVC and the hosts should adhere to. You are a customer. You are not employed by QVC, nor are you the boss. I am sure that hosts not meeting QVC's standards would not be selling items on air.

"Professional" behavior, dress, etc., is subjective. A lot of these posters seem to only favor hosts from the past, hosts who have been at QVC for awhile, or newer hosts who are very conservative. This doesn't appeal to all of us, and we all have our favorites. Personally, I'm not going to take fashion, decorating, etc. advice from a host (or vendor) to whom I can't relate in some way, and I'm sure that's true for most. Variety is necessary, as is change.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”