Valued Contributor

Need help but cannot put message in Customer Care

[ Edited ]

For some reason,  I can no longer add a message to the Customer Care Forum.   So I will put it here.

I just received a package (it had my name and address on the outside)  that I never ordered.   Inside, is someone else's name.   The problem is that the return label  has someone else's name so I cannot use it.  (I do USPS pickup and they won't take it).   How do I return this item?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need help but cannot put message in Customer Care

@LexaMom  Good Morning Ricki.  Yes you can use the return label in the box. Why can't you?   Take down the customer information and call CS and let them know you're sending this back and this person should not be charged for a return it just needs to go to them not you.  It's perfectly ok.   If you didn't order it, then it needs to go back.  If there is a return label in the box then just put a note in there that this was shipped to you in error and needs to go to the person on the return label.  Then just drop it off at the Post Office.  I have had to do that a couple of times.   I called CSR and let them know.  It was fine.  Yes USPS will pick it up with the return label on it.   They are not going to pick it up if you want it sent to the correct address unless you want to pay the shipping.  That's not on them since it was actually delivered to the "correct" address on the box.  So you can either ship it back using the return label, or go to the Post Office/Fed Ex whatever shipping place you use and pay to ship it to the correct address.  Don't expect QVC to compensate you for that though.  That was on you if you wanted to do that.  You have a return label.  

Valued Contributor

@eadu4 wrote:

@LexaMom  Good Morning Ricki.  Yes you can use the return label in the box. Why can't you?   Take down the customer information and call CS and let them know you're sending this back and this person should not be charged for a return it just needs to go to them not you.  It's perfectly ok.   If you didn't order it, then it needs to go back.  If there is a return label in the box then just put a note in there that this was shipped to you in error and needs to go to the person on the return label.  Then just drop it off at the Post Office.  I have had to do that a couple of times.   I called CSR and let them know.  It was fine.  Yes USPS will pick it up with the return label on it.   They are not going to pick it up if you want it sent to the correct address unless you want to pay the shipping.  That's not on them since it was actually delivered to the "correct" address on the box.  So you can either ship it back using the return label, or go to the Post Office/Fed Ex whatever shipping place you use and pay to ship it to the correct address.  Don't expect QVC to compensate you for that though.  That was on you if you wanted to do that.  You have a return label.  

I use USPS pickup - over 70 with the COVID issue - and they won't take it.  I tried.   I just want to send it back to QVC.

Valued Contributor

I think what I will do is use the prepaid label and cover up the from address with one of my address labels.    QVC  can figure it out.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @LexaMom I am so sorry you received the wrong package. Please return it to QVC and using your own address in the from area may work. The warehouse will scan the return label and have the person's information inside the box so that should work.