Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback's goodbye message

Funny how we view things differently.   To me, Nancy was one of the few sincere, genuine, honest and warm hosts.

A number of the most celebrated and popular hosts, to me, seem remote, detached, disinterested, cold and artificial. 

Super Contributor

So sorry to see her go!  She was a favorite...always professional, informative, a pleasure to watch her describe products.  Sad!

Valued Contributor

How strange that for the last few months of both Nancy and Antonella being on air, something was definitely "off" with both of them. Both seemed distracted and not focused, and their hair and make-up seemed really......bad. I remember thinking that about Antonella the last few months I watched her; her hair and make-up was a mess.  And then, shockingly, Nancy also seemed to be so unkempt, with her hair tied in a sloppy ponytail with grey hair sticking out everywhere.  I feel sad for both of the, losing their jobs this way. I wish them well.

Respected Contributor

SERIOUSLY???  Now, Nancy????  What the H is going on!!!! I have completely lost interest in QVC. Pathetic. 

Respected Contributor

Nope. This seems to be what QVC does to people

Respected Contributor

NO WAY

Respected Contributor

NO WAY- QVC gave her the boot- Awful

Frequent Contributor

I see other signs that they are leaving besides not having many shows in their names.  Like being a model for the item in the pre-shot video.  Nancy did many of the videos showing off the new items.  

What I think is that the show hosts that have less air time, have more time to do the videos to show off the clothes or items being presented.  Also, with Nancy, I think they might of implied that her contract would not be renewed.  That is why she may have let her hair grow some gray, or be a little more unprofessional during her presentations.  With Antonella and the other 3, it seemed they were laid off suddenly and were surprised.  Their social media and host pages were gone soon.

Bottom line, less air time, less sales, greater chance of layoff.

Frequent Contributor

I just knew they would most likely get rid of Nancy many weeks ago as they rarely gave her any airtime! I liked her and thought she was a good host - not nearly as "full" of herself as some are these days. She also went through getting her degree in Gemology and at first she was "allowed" to do jewelry shows which eventually she rarely, if ever, got to do but really I haven't noticed that many jewelry shows lately. I have a feeling the company is hurting during this pandemic or for other reasons and that's too bad although I watch less and less these days and perhaps like some others, I've grown tired of their "schtick". Many times I don't need (or already have) the TSV of the day so since they air that product ad nauseum (many times and for long periods) throughout that day, I won't tune in at all! I used to but every time I did that darn TSV would be on - so gave up completely on those days.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like she left - QVC did not let her go.  She was one of the best jewelry presenters.  Because she had that extra credential, her information was interesting.