Honored Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback's goodbye message

It's pretty much the exact same wording that all of the hosts they let go use, just briefer.  I sincerely doubt that she left on her own.  Hosts come, hosts go.  We should be accustomed to it by now.    

Esteemed Contributor

Is Nancy H the one who had breast cancer? If so, I hope she's ok. Some said she went gray, maybe it's not because of the Pandemic.  She'll be ok.

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

I will.say something I much preferred Nancy with that short pixie haircut. She looked adorable with short hair. The long hair wasn't as stylish. Same with Shawn K I loved that short haircut on her

I agree on both ,  especially Shawn ,  she looked so much better with that short style  ,  don't like  her hair now doesn't do a thing for her.

Esteemed Contributor

and JT  & Shawn stay 🤔 And others as well .   I like Nancy  and am sorry to see her go , she was down to earth and sweet.  Shawn  on the other hand has really gotten a big  head ,   She Doesnt ask the questions of tbe vendors that viewers would like to know .  She just goes on about what color or so etching she is in love with and must have !!!!   She tries too hard to seem like she's everyone's best friend ,  she doesn't seem sincere at all !    And she keeps doing that thing with her mouth ,  it's like when someone is listening intently and wanting to say something , making an o with her mouth.   I realize it's picky ,  but it just bugs me .  She didn't do it years ago so it can't be just her .   And before anyone says .....well don't watch her ,  well my reason is I'm interested in the item or items so I'm watching to see or learn more even though mostly not finding out much ,  it's not to see her .     

Frequent Contributor

I would love to see the Q's "job description" for the host's job. Business is hard, cold and ruthless. They have to SELL. The Q's there to make as much money as possible. I don't think they hire b/c you're nice. If you can't sell, they will not keep you there. Hosts know this when they are hired. 

My "guess" for Nancy was she didn't sell. She was never a pushy or a hard sell. To sell you've got to be pushy, exaggerate and a hard sell. 

All retail is suffering dudring the Pandemic. Businesses are even less tolerant and forgiving than when business is doing well.

Regular Contributor

Wouldn't it be something if all the hosts that were let go would start their own shopping channel!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Interesting that QVC commented on her FB post.  I don't think I've ever seen that before.

What did QVC comment? @geezerette 

TIA

Trusted Contributor

Nancy had a good run though she lasted over 12 years..honestly I never thought she would last as long as she did. She a very sweet woman but never wowed me as a host. Over 12 years is a good run.
Esteemed Contributor

We have no idea why she left. It seems sudden to us, because we are not privy to what goes on between an employer and employee. This could have been something going on for months. 

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
https://images.app.goo.gl/sWZQnJfNBb8C2c7b9

Nancy with short hair she looked fabulous

Wow - that's a great look on Nancy.  Very attractive!  The long unstyled hair with growing-out-gray when your on television doesn't give a good impression - in my opinion.