Respected Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback's goodbye message

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Many are railing against QVC on facebook and some are implying ageism.  QVC used to be such a homey and sweet place.  The QVC we loved when Kathy was there will never return sadly. The number crunchers have too much power

Can you direct me to which entry has the comments that you mentioned?  Thank you

@mom2four0418   My dear friend Barbara posted a facebook entry on her facebook.page and  several die hard QVC lovers agrreed with me -  its sad what QVC Is doing to these dear people like Stacey Stauffer Antonella and now Nancy,  This type of behavior is cut throat.

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Its clear this wasn't Nancy's choice as she got no farewell. Shes been with QVC for almost 13 years. She's a nice lady wasn't a fan favorite but sweet woman. I really think Julia Cearley is new up and coming host. They seem to love her and everything she is doing.

Many are railing against QVC on facebook and some are implying ageism.  QVC used to be such a homey and sweet place.  The QVC we loved when Kathy was there will never return sadly. The number crunchers have too much power

@Reever   What did you/they say when it was Gabrielle, Stacey, and Kristrine being let go in the same bunch of over 450 that were let go from QVC?

It's not ageism, it's sales numbers.  The hosts are most likely measured within barometers which include how long they have been at QVC (the more experience, the higher the expectation for sales).   

Honored Contributor

I'm starting to foresee the signs that a host will be leaving. The hosts that are given shows with their names attached like INTKWD, Jane's Shoes and Jane's Beauty Secrets and Jane's "everything", Shawn with "Dare To Share" and others, Amy's "PM Style", etc. Coutney's Shoes & on PM Style,  Elise's Beauty Show, Leah 's AM style, etc. seem to in for the long haul. The others are iffy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it's true that Q2 will begin going LIVE, hold onto your hats for a group of newbies to cover all the new hours. I also think if they're still unsuccessfully trying to attract that  elusive younger audience, they may need relatable younger hosts. What happens to Mary Beth and Jane and Carolyn Gracie? 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Can you direct me to which entry has the comments that you mentioned?  Thank you

@mom2four0418   My dear friend Barbara posted a facebook entry on her facebook.page and  several die hard QVC lovers agrreed with me -  its sad what QVC Is doing to these dear people like Stacey Stauffer Antonella and now Nancy,  This type of behavior is cut throat.

Thank you for the clarification. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I am astounded at the amount of posters that are privy to QVC insider information.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Surprised this didn't happen sooner. The times I watched she was unprofessional and unprepared...I hope she finds something more suited to her personality...it certainly wasn't on air presentation.
Valued Contributor

she is one of my favorite hosts,because I felt she was genuine.That leaves a very ,very, few hosts left with that description.I will miss her.

Super Contributor

I highly doubt this was her choice. Too abrupt.  When other host have left on their own accord they get a good bye show.  Yet they keep the young self indulged  hosts.And  ENOUGH of the Covid preaching. Some of us aren't in lock down  states. We've been getting our hair done,  eating out,  gym,  and yes traveling,  even on planes!!!

Honored Contributor

Interesting that QVC commented on her FB post.  I don't think I've ever seen that before.