Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback's goodbye message

F.Y.I., HSN is part of QVC so you may have to reconsider watching them.  LOL

Contributor

Sorry.  Loser as opposed to looser.  LOL...

Trusted Contributor

It's appears that if you are not part of the frantic, ditzy clique that seems to predominate the Q you are shown the exit door. 

Regular Contributor

I like her, however I'm not surprised...her heart just didn't seem to be in it in the recent past

Honored Contributor

I thought these hosts had "managers" as David will reference his during some conversations on his Thursday, FB Coffee Talk sessions.

If they have managers, then obviously they have contracts.  And, sadly as in any actor/tv/celebrity if the company chooses not to renew then they're done.

As for others who have left before "suddenly" we speculate but there were a few that just didn't fit the demographic or the customer QVC is trying to reach.

(I know I have no interest in QVC anymore especially the newer hosts)

Per another host who I follow - they have (like my son who works for a major IT company)  a "no compete clause" they can't take a job in a similar position for one year sometimes 2.  

We don't know the terms -- I just wish them all well.

Trusted Contributor

Its clear this wasn't Nancy's choice as she got no farewell. Shes been with QVC for almost 13 years. She's a nice lady wasn't a fan favorite but sweet woman. I really think Julia Cearley is new up and coming host. They seem to love her and everything she is doing.
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Just a comment: I was a legal secretary for ages and learned that not ALL non-compete clauses are enforceable.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

well, one host who I follow noted the "clause" and in the beginning another (who many follow here) clearly mentioned she couldn't take another job in broadcasting/tv sales due to the "clause" so she needed to find a job outside of those parameters. 

My son "signed the agreement" with his current employer & other IT companies want to hire him for the "same or equal position" (much higher pay scale) and he's bound by the "clause"...he can't afford to do something different for a year period.☹️ Quite different than someone on tv!

I'm sure they are written to the "advantage" of the employer.  Who knows but to feel sorry for hosts is sometimes "ridiculous" especially seeing some of their homes, vacation homes, vacation travels, etc. nobody needs to take up a "collection jar" for them. IMO

Respected Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Its clear this wasn't Nancy's choice as she got no farewell. Shes been with QVC for almost 13 years. She's a nice lady wasn't a fan favorite but sweet woman. I really think Julia Cearley is new up and coming host. They seem to love her and everything she is doing.

Many are railing against QVC on facebook and some are implying ageism.  QVC used to be such a homey and sweet place.  The QVC we loved when Kathy was there will never return sadly. The number crunchers have too much power

Respected Contributor

Many are railing against QVC on facebook and some are implying ageism.  QVC used to be such a homey and sweet place.  The QVC we loved when Kathy was there will never return sadly. The number crunchers have too much power

Can you direct me to which entry has the comments that you mentioned?  Thank you

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky