Respected Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback's goodbye message

Doesn’t it seem strange that she would be scheduled for a jewelry show a couple of days ago, and be gone today? I am thinking maybe it has to do with a health issue rather than a lay off. Just my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

She was one of my favorites.I wish her well going forward!

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

I always liked Nancy.

She seemd so sincere.

I hope leaving was her choice.

Doesnt seem like it. Too abrupt. Sadly this isnt the QVC many of us came to love in the late 80s and 90s.  The business like so many others has become cut-thoat and cold.  Be grateful if you are retired.

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

Doesn’t it seem strange that she would be scheduled for a jewelry show a couple of days ago, and be gone today?

No. They did the same thing to Antonella in July.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't sound to me like this was her choice.

Honored Contributor

The last time I saw her (forget whose clothes she was selling) - she seemed a little distracted.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

The last time I saw her (forget whose clothes she was selling) - she seemed a little distracted.

She didnt fit the profile of host Mike George likes - frantic, motor mouthed, and pushy.  Sad what is happening to the network we love.

Honored Contributor

Most companies lay off people that are not performing (sales).  That is the bottom line.  If the Q has vendors sellling their own products without a host, let the layoffs begin.  

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I think she and Katie McGee were among the most professional, kindest and upbeat hostesses. But they don't ask my opinion.  

@Nonametoday   Katie McGee was a gem.  I don't think there were negative post about her at all. 

Respected Contributor

I think it was clear QVC didn't value Nancy anymore when she wasn't on Shoes on Sale or the July Gem Day last year. They must have been waiting for her contract to expire.