Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nancy Hornback, former QVC host, Recruiting?

@MezzieStarr 

Thanks for providing additional information.  I googled CommentSold and checked out the web site.

It's a Live Stream Selling & Social Shopping Company.

Honored Contributor

I was looking up information on her and this has probably been posted before but she was Belle in MGM's production of Beauty and the Beast. I think it was 1991.

Anyway I just watched it on youtube and it is a really well done production. So much fun to watch.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I was looking up information on her and this has probably been posted before but she was Belle in MGM's production of Beauty and the Beast. I think it was 1991.

Anyway I just watched it on youtube and it is a really well done production. So much fun to watch.

Yes, that was at the Disney-MGM Studios theme park at DisneyWorld. 

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ    Nor do I.  Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@LovemesomeQ1979 wrote:

I never found her to be warm and fuzzy... I thought she seemed a little sour on air.  It just seemed fake.

------------

I didn't care for her presentations skills. Didn't watch her much after two or three shows.

Respected Contributor

A tell-all book sure would be interesting!!!

Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@MezzieStarr 

Thanks for providing additional information.  I googled CommentSold and checked out the web site.

It's a Live Stream Selling & Social Shopping Company.

@mspatmac It would not surprise me if we see more former home shopping hosts hosting live stream sales of items (jewelry/home decor etc) from their homes. Several former QVC hosts already do this and have been successful. Some people follow these former hosts and may enjoy interacting with them and purchasing products from them. 

Trusted Contributor

Ex-host Katie Mcgee works for Discount Divas and does shows streaming through their app and on Facebook. 

To buy something you literally "comment sold" plus the item number  (example - type "sold 101" in the comment section under the video and you've bought it).

Lug Live (Lug Bags) also does this with their live shows. Guessing it's all tied back to that CommentSold company.

Seems to be the way of the future of "televised" selling/shopping.

Look out Q 😉

Honored Contributor

The other day on Amazon I saw mixed in with the products a live demo on the item....hmmmmm

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

You follow QVC hosts on Instagram?