Occasional Visitor

Today between 10:00 & 10:15 am Terri Conn highlighted a black business selling headbands. I did not catch the name or website for this business. Does anybody know what it is? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

check out this list of black owned businesses that QVC is highlighting this month.

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/black-owned-businesses.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Hope they highlight other  businesses  owned by Asian Americans  and Hispanics in the future .

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, I don't see why they need to highlight any particular group.  We are all Americans.  Can't we just leave it at that?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Honestly, I don't see why they need to highlight any particular group.  We are all Americans.  Can't we just leave it at that?

@Puppy Lips  Yes, I agree. I see QVC does it for Black History Month. 

Esteemed Contributor

My philosophy is that if you celebrate one than you need to celebrate all .

Asian Pacific month is in May . Native American month is November , Black History month is February, Hispanic month is September.

Guess ThanksGiving is  for all the rest.

Super Contributor

We are all Americans, but these days we can't just leave it at that. Many groups have a heightened interest in their rights as a people and the Q has to respect it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

My philosophy is that if you celebrate one than you need to celebrate all .

Asian Pacific month is in May . Native American month is November , Black History month is February, Hispanic month is September.

Guess ThanksGiving is  for all the rest.

@skatting44 Well that does not quite cut it, in my opinion.  Either have a "month" for every single nationality (which would be ridiculous) or none at all.  Specific groups can have their clubs and whatnot.  I have no problem with that and would encourage that.  My DIL was in Hungarian Scouts.  Where is the Hungarian month?  To single out one race or nationality and celebrate that one, while not celebrating all of them, I think only further divides us.  We are all human, and we are all American.  Let's just celebrate that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCJH wrote:

We are all Americans, but these days we can't just leave it at that. Many groups have a heightened interest in their rights as a people and the Q has to respect it. 

@QVCJH I respectfully disagree - I don't think QVC has to do anything about it.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.