Honored Contributor

Since I'm no longer purchasing or viewing Q, I don't have too much to talk about. I just come here to read a comment and maybe post. 

It seems the forums have slowed down a lot...maybe I'm not the only one who has decided pleasant silence w/o the frantic hosts, free shipping and shopping big discounts at the mall and online are all a much better deal. 

Respected Contributor

Re: NOT MUCH TO "Q TALK" ABOUT

Same with me. I rarely watch or purchase. I'm not much of a shopper at all anywhere, but do go with my sister to the mall every week. She's a super shopper. I come to the forums and that's about it. I enjoy being here with you all every day.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Same with me. I rarely watch or purchase. I'm not much of a shopper at all anywhere, but do go with my sister to the mall every week. She's a super shopper. I come to the forums and that's about it. I enjoy being here with you all every day.

@catter70   There are some regular posters who I no longer see here and fewer threads.

Esteemed Contributor

If I pay attention to TV shopping, it’s on HSN,  I am not in the market for clothing or household items there,  but like to follow Beekman, Korres, and particularly Perlier shows, along with Lessman vitamin presentations.  In general, I like the hosts there much more than QVC’s.  I have been buying my clothing from catalogs and online store sources for years.  I am a big Amazon shopper for many items, as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus 

I have felt as you do for a long time now.  Cannot remember when I stopped watching, but it has been years since I do anything more than a drive by. 

When I realized it all annoyed me, I knew it was time to say goodbye.  I will still watch if Kathy L. is on, but those visits are few and far between.

I still buy something every now and again, and post with about the same frequency.

Mostly, I need nothing and cannt abide all the chatter and hysteria over "things" so...I just tune out and occupy myself elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch as I do not care for the newer hosts sales tactics.  I have no interest in their personal lives and do not care for all of the ridiculous chatter between themselves.

I do not care for multiple hosts either as it just feeds into the silliness and chatter about everything but the item they are supposed to be presenting.  

I do not care how much they love each other or all of the details of their personal lives. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't watch the Q or shop much anymore either. I used to watch lots of shows many years ago. I also checked "items on air' every day to see what I missed when I couldn't watch. My favorite show was PM Style with Lisa, but I watched a lot of shows and bought a lot of different things. I was still watching the D & Co. Tuesday morning show, but lately I've stopped doing that. I'm finding what what I need locally or on other retail websites. I've only purchased 2 QVC items this calendar year. 

The forums are definitely different than they were many years ago when I first discovered them, but I still like coming here to talk about things. Thank you to those who are still here creating threads and/or joining in the conversations. 

Esteemed Contributor

I gave in and purchased the Halo charger from a few days ago. First purchase in over a year. Thing didn't work and sent it back. Now I know what I rarely purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not watching as much either though I do tune in more to HSN, especially when Colleen is on which these days is much less often than in the past.   I'm finding that the programming lately or for quite awhile actually has been boring me to tears.......especially this holiday weekend!!!   Almost all electronics of some type,  I understand practical gift giving but I have zero interest in any of it.  It's becoming pretty bad when DH notices I don't have it on as much, LOL!

I too appreciate the people on here, I do check in each morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal 

And now, Colleen is no longer on HSN with any regularity, so less reason to watch.

I know she was not everyone's cup of tea, but I still enjoyed her...and she seemed to love what she did.  I probably bought more clothing items from Colleen than anyone on either channel.

Now, I have no use for all that stuff, so...most of it given to the local thrift store.