Occasional Contributor

NOT HAPPY with CS on $$$ Pericone serums

Back in Feb I advance ordered Perricone DMAE & ALA serums for $200 on AD. They finally arrived FRI and the ALA had leaked all over in the box (yucky mess), so I got about 50% of that. I called CS right away and was told they were waitlist, so all I could do was return them and wait until July for my next shipment. I already waited about 2 months for these and I want to use them!!! QVC already has my money. Today I looked, and they are not on waitlist, so I called CS and explained all this and was told I could exchange... except there would be no guarantee they'd be in stock when my return was received. So, I ordered a 2nd set to ensure I can try these before July and am returning the damaged one. That's not good CS, I have to pay twice just to be sure I get a product because the one I got was damaged. Yes, I'll eventually get a refund but for now I'm out of pocket. I shop online a lot, and most places a replacement is sent right out and if I were not to return the damaged item in a timely manner, then I'd be charged. None of this "just cross your fingers and hope we have the product when you exchange it" business. I'm glad I'll be getting my product, but I'm not happy how I had to do it. You should trust the customer.

Honored Contributor

Re: NOT HAPPY with CS on $$$ Pericone serums

I imagine they have good reason to NOT trust the customer.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Hello, MrsTina and welcome. Smile

That's a little weird.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Occasional Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Kachina624 said: I imagine they have good reason to NOT trust the customer.

I doubt. If I keep both products, I get charged for both... $400. I certainly don't have a history of doing this, and if others do it's a win/win for QVC.... the keep the money and boost sales. The customer loses here.

Trusted Contributor

So they should just trust that you are good for the $200 if you do not return the item? How would they know if your credit card is still good How long should they wait? How do they know you will not claim to have returned it and dispute the charges?

I am sure the OP is an honest, ethical person who would not attempt to rip off QVC; unfortunately, many people are not. QVC hs to have policies in place to avoid being ripped off by dishonest people which ultimately helps to keep costs down for the rest of us.

Occasional Contributor

On 4/6/2015 KYToby said:

So they should just trust that you are good for the $200 if you do not return the item? How would they know if your credit card is still good How long should they wait? How do they know you will not claim to have returned it and dispute the charges?

I am sure the OP is an honest, ethical person who would not attempt to rip off QVC; unfortunately, many people are not. QVC hs to have policies in place to avoid being ripped off by dishonest people which ultimately helps to keep costs down for the rest of us.

Amazon returns funds as soon as you initiate a return. HSN sends out the product and expects the return in 14 days or you get charged for the replacement. And again, I have already PAID them the money because they cannot guarantee the replacement will be in stock when my return arrives and gets processed. I'm the one hoping they refund me for a damaged product, not the other way around. Customers use the return label created and that is tied to the the item, so it's easily checked.... and credit card fraud happens anyway..... how do they know any customer won't dispute any item by claiming UPS didn't deliver? TRUST. I have shopped here for years, that is easily visible to them and I don't have a history of any fraudulent returns. I'm sure most customers don't and as I understand it, those who do get a letter telling them their business is no longer welcome.

Trusted Contributor

I would like it if they'd handle returns/replacements more like Amazon as well. I returned an Amazon coffee machine that was defective and received a replacement with a prepaid label within 2 days. I was instructed to return the defective machine within 2 weeks, or would be charged for the replacement as well. Amazon would not have been out of pocket because they have my credit card number and could charge it if I failed to "make good" on my end. It is funny that QVC just updated their shipping policy and practices, but it doesn't appear they adopted any of the improved practices from their competition.
Honored Contributor

I was sent the wrong item once and QVC CS sent the correct one out immediately before I sent the wrong one back. If anyone didn't return the damaged or wrong item, you would think they could just not refund their money or if they had made the refund just recharge them.

Honored Contributor

I think there was a time when companies did trust ---and even overtrusted.

Hate to say it, but my reading of social media wouldn't let me use that business model if I were running a company. All of a sudden, I'm seeing a large number of empty store rooms near me here in SE Florida. I'd hoped we were getting past those ugly, staring windows.

OP is temporarily out of sorts - but assuming everything was charged on a credit card on which she doesn't run a balance (best practice according to most financial advisors) she's more frustrated than she is out money.