Honored Contributor

NEW...SHIPPING LABEL!!!

[ Edited ]

I have no idea how my subject line read : BUYER BEWARE...this is not what I wrote.  Hopefully this edit corrects it🤔

JMO:  Who came up with the NEW 3 part label (peel off)?  It's terrible all 3 are sticky backed & of course 3rd part is the return portion already adhered to box.

I save all my invoices and now with the "sticky" back there is no way to just slide into my folder w/o putting on sheet of paper first.☹️

Its a great idea if the actual invoice was inside the shipping label and just had to tear a edge to remove invoice and no sticky back.   I liked the plastic sleeve with invoice inside -- I had no problem using tape to adhere to any return package.

This label I repositioned & blocked out personal info but the top label was peeling off and stuck to the "side" of box when delivered with all my personal ordering info exposed during delivery--😡😡😡😡

EC308169-DA5A-4365-A8F9-FB0C95275315.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: BUYER BEWARE....RETURN SHIPPING LABEL!!!

I have a real problem with my return labels being ''stuck'' to the inside of the bag !  When I try to pull them out, they tear.

Honored Contributor

I know, right?  It was the craziest thing!

First time I received that way was yesty on my TSV L & L box.

I thought, what dummy at UPS did this?  Then I realized I had no invoice IN my box...and that everything was STUCK to the outside of the box!

Useless!  They ruined the return label and the invoice was all marked up as well as barely readable.

I immediately went and reprinted an invoice (L & L has a guarantee but you MUST have an invoice) and reprinted a return label.

Zeesh...I hope this was a fluke or a try out because it is terrible!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife - I'm sorry for your troubles! In case it is helpful, I've requested a couple of replacements from Lock & Lock over the years (including once recently), and I have never been asked for anything except the item number from the container and the lid color. It's obviously a good idea to have a record of your purchase, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@RespectLife - I'm sorry for your troubles! In case it is helpful, I've requested a couple of replacements from Lock & Lock over the years (including once recently), and I have never been asked for anything except the item number from the container and the lid color. It's obviously a good idea to have a record of your purchase, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

@loriqvc

Thank you, however, I have had to return 3 lids in a dozen years or so.

EACH time I was told by L & L themselves,  I MUST have a receipt.  They absolutely would NOT accept the returned lid for replacement w/o the receipt.

So I got into the habit of saving them in a file.

I had to include it with the return.

You were lucky!

Prior to those 3, I had one lid needing replacement that I couldn't find the receipt for.  QVC order history falls to incomplete the further back you go.  I had QVC 'supposedly' research the order for me.  Told me they couldn't find the order.  Funny, I ONLY order L & L from them.  Anyways, I complained to Q and complained to L & L and got no where!!!

@loriqvc

Didn't they make you mail the broken lid back to CA?  They made me all 3 times!

Sticking our invoice to the outside of the box with all our info showing is just plain dumb.  My invoice was so scuffed up from delivery, you couldn't even read it.

And just what are we supposed to do w/ a return label that is already stuck to the box??

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife - Nope, I've never been asked to return any defective pieces. Sorry you had to!  Smiley Sad

I started keeping a separate file with all my Q purchase details in it years ago (I actually have a file for every online retailer I've shopped with) so that I could track the brands, names, and prices of things I've purchased. I was initially doing it just so I'd have a way to quickly check item info without needing to go online, but this approach has proven very useful in many ways over time. When I'm updating the files, it seems tedious and a little silly in the moment, but I'm always happy to have the details right at my fingertips if the need for them arises.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - I'm guessing your subject line was hijacked because you replied previously to a thread with "BUYER BEWARE" in the title—as I've started replying to a couple of threads today, I've noticed that clicking the "REPLY" button sometimes yields a message box under the heading of a page linked to a thread I was reading earlier rather than the one I'm actually clicking to reply within. There are gremlins in the system again, probably connected to the overall site updates somehow...