Trusted Contributor

I would love for Julia Cesrley to mentor Steve as she would bring out his fun personality. Shes almost celebrating three years at Q. Shes more then qualified
Super Contributor

I too enjoy watching Julia  Cleary. She is a pure joy and is very detailed in

explaining everything she is presenting...

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Flika13 wrote:

I would be humiliated if I were hired because of my sexual preferences.

@Flika13 

HIPPA Laws prevent QVC from asking such questions . . . and from posting such information about employees. 

That's not what HIPAA does. HIPAA protects your health information. It's the EEOC who protects you during the hiring process and beyond.

Trusted Contributor

@Flika13 I am not stating that this is a belief that you hold, but often a qualifier is placed on an individual who gains entry into a prestige university, e,g, the ivy League or a new position. The qualifyer, 'are they qualified' and not taking admission or a position from someone else? The underlying sentiment seems to be that the individual only received admission or a position because of what makes them different. Again, i am not suggesting this is your intent.

The Q did not have any people of color when I started watching in the early 1990s.  Eventually three Blacks and one Latino male were hired. If I recall correctly Renee was the first Black female hired, followed by a second who eventually sued, Jayne Brown, Leah, Lena, who did serve as a vendor for Basso after she left, Gabriel, the young lady who was an athelete, and the ones now. I remember one Latina who was let go  a couple of years ago, no Asian Americans, and no Native Americans.  

To some degree, many of the hosts share aspects of  their ethnic heritages and that's fine, e.g. Marybeth, Nordic, Jane, Irish, Alberti Eastern European,  and Antonella, Italian. Three male designers, Mizrahi, Basson, and Wu often talk about their husbands as do the women.   If any of the new hires don't perform, them they will not remain.

Esteemed Contributor

More false information about HIPAA being spread on the forums.

It has nothing to do with sexual orientation.   The entire text of the legislation is readily available  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

News reports say, "His hiring part of The Qurate Retail Group's initiative to elevate LBGTQ+ Communities and Creators with Pride Month initiatives".

This is from a news release from Qurate dated 6/1/2022:

Qurate Retail Group Elevates LGBTQ+ Communities and Creators With Pride Month Initiatives | News Dir...

@KingstonsMom  You are making your own inferences from the article.  It most certainly does not say that.  You added the link , but twisted the words.  The exact quote in your link states:

"

• Digital Livestreaming: QVC kicked off Pride Month with a special livestream featuring American fashion designer and QVC vendor Isaac Mizrahi on June 1 at 9 a.m. ET. Customers can view this livestream on QVC’s Livestreaming Hub and QVC’s Facebook page. On June 3, QVC Host Steve Doss will present a special Pride edition of QVC’s Total Look series on QVC and HSN’s interactive streaming shopping service. The episode will show how one staple item can be styled three different ways. Starting June 12, the streaming service will begin featuring videos with products from the QVC and HSN Capsule Collections. Other content will drop throughout the month in the Pride video collection on the app."

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

How would I do that when the link is to the actual QVC press release, as shown?

That doesn't leave room for 'interpretation' nor 'misinterpretation'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

How would I do that when the link is to the actual QVC press release, as shown?

That doesn't leave room for 'interpretation' nor 'misinterpretation'.

@KingstonsMom   Huh?  I clicked on that link you posted.  I cut & pasted exactly what is states.  Where does it say they hired Steve Doss because of Pride initiatives?  It does not state at all why they hired him in that press release.  

It states Steve is presenting Pride Editions of QVC’s Total Look series on QVC and HSN’s interactive streaming shopping service.  

So far, it seems they got a great host (I did see his styling shows on their streaming channel), who did a very good job representing his Pride style in the show.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Google 'Steve Doss QVC Host' and choose your source.

I chose that press release to not focus on his personal life, but what QVC actually said.

I stupidly thought that was the least debatable link to post about the topic, but I should have known better around here.

Personally, I love inclusion of all human beings in everything.....no further debate from me, you have at it.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

Google 'Steve Doss QVC Host' and choose your source.

I chose that press release to not focus on his personal life, but what QVC actually said.

I stupidly thought that was the least debatable link to post about the topic, but I should have known better around here.

Personally, I love inclusion of all human beings in everything.....no further debate from me, you have at it.

@KingstonsMom   We have no debate; I agree that inclusion in everything is absolutely important.

What I don't like is reducing someone's talent, experience, hard work and successes down to only one denominator.  

That's the only point I was trying to make.