Frequent Contributor
I could have gone all year I without a tacky announcement about new host hire being part of abc group. I have no interest in his bedroom life, could care less but really. Just say we have some great new hosts! I

Respected Contributor

Re: NEW QVC HOST

[ Edited ]

Haven't seen any of these people mentioned here...am continuing more and more to dislike the 3 recent new hosts, Monifa, Vanessa and Rosina...Monifa is pushy in her personal style, Vanessa mild, meek yet nice, and Rosina is good except for her loud and strident voice.  Monifa and Vanessa continue to experiment with various hair styles, clownish nail polish colors, which detract from presenting. I want to see a product and its description rather than a host's appearance detracting from the product. Turnoff for me and some of the 2-3-party hosting/vendor is unappealing, am pulling away from tuning in more and more due to busyness, comedics, childish behavior, incessant laughter by host and/or vendor, chronic personal life discussions and yaking in attempt to present a product (belongs on social media, not QVC). New Cooks Essential rep cannot do a presentation/demo without obnoxious excessive laughing--pure foolishness--I'm gone! For me, as a result of accumulating program changes, QVC has lost much of its appeal and mostly its class, hence less watching and purchasing. Not fond of unkempt appearance of some hosts, deterioration of Valerie Parr-Hill products, the excessive food shows and length. I do not know what QVC is trying to achieve other than sales, but I am overwhelmingly unimpressed!  Hiring new hosts to fit an agenda; why is this relevant to someone being hired to work a job? I have been a watcher and purchaser since QVC evolved from CVN days in late 80's. Unfortunately, QVC is losing this long-time customer with limited purchasing only of certain product brands I adore; will only watch specific hosts for those shows who act professional, otherwise will only order online, not watch.  Just my opinion!

Trusted Contributor

@LaurenCats4  I enjoy both channels also.  They are formulaic but a few have surprised me.  Marilu Henner starred in one in which she became pregnant while studying abroad in Italy.  Marilu is Jewish and her baby was adopted a woman who was Catholic in the US. Flash foward, they are unexpectedly reunited. Another one  featured a Jewish school lin which administrators hire a Black, former, professional  basketball player as coach. These were realistic, explored the issues in a sensitive more complex Christmas movies on Lifetime , BET, and VHI (they scheduled. movies that were naughty or nice including a profane one starring Ru Paul).  The movie with Henry Winkler was great and on again this week. It ia also one of the better ones.

I'm giving each new host a chance to develop their presentation styles and allows each to remain true to who they are.

Trusted Contributor

@LaurenCats4  I forgot that the Saturday night lineup on PBS is filled wihat great mysteries: Father Brown, Midsummer Murders, and Murder in Paradise. 

Trusted Contributor

I am all for AA and glad that more minorities are represented.   But, in correcting a situation, quotas are used.   QVC has hired both racial and ethnic minorities before and they have left for various reasons, as all employees leave eventually.   There are numerous hosts and vendors who live different lifestyles.   Some prefer to keep their lives private, other not, it's their choice.   It would be ideal if hosts were sales people period.  It is their competence, their knowledge, professionalism, and presentation ability that is important.   

And I feel sorry for people who prefer to rejoice at seeing a person overweight rather than hope they get healthy.   There is an obvious problem with neighborhoods being in "food deserts" and lack of healthcare for areas of high hypertension, diabetes, and cancer.  Ignoring this fact is discrimination.   Being large and healthy is for a physician to determine.   

Honored Contributor

I recently saw a very very tall  new host with Allie the other day and I thought she was phenomenal!

I do not believe she has been made permanent yet, as I don't see her on Meet The Hosts page, but I can't believe she won't make it! She was really good...It was a clothing show....Sorry didn't catch her name.....

Occasional Contributor
My question is: why would someone want to work for a company that fired perfectly competent hosts with many, many years of on air experience? You'll probably be next, unless you act ridiculously silly and stupid like JT, KK, JC, and SK. What happened to the days when qvc had hosts with class? They seldom air those hosts with such qualities like Mary Beth, Jayne B, Pat, Dan, Leah, Rick, Ali and Carolyn's pretty good until D&C shows with the silly squirrel mess. Seems as though all the classy hosts get sent to qvc2. Shouldn't the new, inexperienced hosts go to qvc2 to work out all the quirks, silliness and nervousness while learning how to present products professionally. Qvc has enough senseless, narcissistic, arrogance and stupidity on Thurs, Sat, Sun, Mon and Tues nights causing many people to turn the channel. It's a shame qvc won't schedule decent hosts more than two or three nights a week. And when did Jane T become an expert and the most knowledgeable on most everything qvc sales? As far as Christmas goes, how the heck is Shawn saving it when she and KK are showing products that have been shown already between acting silly and stupid. If a program reads it's saving something, it should be promoting products or a way to divert a crisis for said subject, jeez!!! I, like most people, don't care what color, race, gender, ethnicity or sexual preference a host is as long as they can host without being silly, narcissistic, arrogant and senseless. One shouldn't be hired because of any said labels. One should be hired because they can do the job best. This clearly is no longer the requirement, anywhere.
Occasional Contributor

Occasional Contributor
Why do people these days feel as though: (1) they need to announce their race, ethnicity, sexual preference, etc. and (2) after announcing such info, feel they need to be praised, put in the spotlight or on a pedestal? I frankly don't give a rats butt. All I care is that you do your job and do it correctly. Just please give us a break from the narcissistic and silly behavior and give us adequate info on the product you're trying to sell. If you can't, please, please be quiet and let the vendor give us the info we need about the product. Is that too much to ask?