Respected Contributor

Are any current hosts leaving that 3 new ones are hired? 🤞

It seems they have an abundance of hosts already.

New blood is always a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that they are over using some hosts, like Alberti, Rachel, Jane Tracy.

Please spare us!

Esteemed Contributor

There is most definitely A Preponderance of Artichokes. 

Valued Contributor

Re: NEW QVC HOST

[ Edited ]

@NYwoman  I think Stacey put her family first and not her job, hopefully the way it should be. Yes SG spent time with her but she has a family etc, and presumably understood on some level.  We as women should not be accused of "upsetting" a company or someone like a clothing vendor on QVC because we get pregnant or decide what we thought was the right decision initially, actually wasn't.   People quit jobs all the time after being trained, She did what was right for her.

Trusted Contributor

@mariadomenica Yes! The best person for the job is chosen in many instances.  Stacy Rauch has been a hgh fashion model, broadcaster, fitness instructor, and she is cosmopolitan. She ably represented the Graver line.

After decades of political activism, voting, etc.  more freedoms have been won, e.g. those guaranteed in the Constitution.There is aknowledgment that the best person comes in different genders, races, ethnicities, religions, ages, and so on. Not everyone chosen in the past was qualified; White males were preferred and later, White women.  Demographic realities have made the shift important.

Why must the assumption continued to be made that a person of color, especially, is not qualified for a job (not arguing that you explcitly stated this). There have been/are vendors  at the Q whose language will sometimes cause quirking eyebrows.  That's the subtle implication I take from your post and the one approving with a remark about the direction of the Hallmark Channel's more inclusive policy.  I suppose the new GAC will be more to your tastes as they will highlight good, old-fashioned, family oriented, American values.  That's a paraphrase of comments by an executive of the channel who is a Q vendor.

Trusted Contributor

@NYwoman How did you determine the facts about Stacy's training and resignation when working for Susan Graver? Maybe she left the position because wanted to protect and ensure a successful birth. Where did you read or hear about bad feelings?

Trusted Contributor

@NYwoman What quotas were reached?  Are you implying that the increased visibility of groups previously excluded is a negative. an AA policy?

Honored Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@NYwoman What quotas were reached?  Are you implying that the increased visibility of groups previously excluded is a negative. an AA policy?

@Zernia Rose  She means quotas for those who are not white, those who are not straight. She also hates anyone who ways over 110lbs. She is revolting. 

Trusted Contributor

I wish she would sRe: NEW QVC HOST

@proudlyfromNJ @Thanks for your response. I thought that was the case. I wish she would state that she is uncomfortable with including diversity or she doesn't want it. 

Regular Contributor

@Zernia Rose wrote:

@mariadomenica Yes! The best person for the job is chosen in many instances.  Stacy Rauch has been a hgh fashion model, broadcaster, fitness instructor, and she is cosmopolitan. She ably represented the Graver line.

After decades of political activism, voting, etc.  more freedoms have been won, e.g. those guaranteed in the Constitution.There is aknowledgment that the best person comes in different genders, races, ethnicities, religions, ages, and so on. Not everyone chosen in the past was qualified; White males were preferred and later, White women.  Demographic realities have made the shift important.

Why must the assumption continued to be made that a person of color, especially, is not qualified for a job (not arguing that you explcitly stated this). There have been/are vendors  at the Q whose language will sometimes cause quirking eyebrows.  That's the subtle implication I take from your post and the one approving with a remark about the direction of the Hallmark Channel's more inclusive policy.  I suppose the new GAC will be more to your tastes as they will highlight good, old-fashioned, family oriented, American values.  That's a paraphrase of comments by an executive of the channel who is a Q vendor.

Well, I LOVE the new host hires, as they all seemed so enthusiastic and excited for this opportunity during their initial introductions! I think Stacy Rauch is so pretty and I enjoyed her presentations with MBR yesterday on Q2.  I have yet to see the other three new hosts during their presentations, but I look forward to it!  As we focus on their professionalism, relatability to the audience, knowledge of products and successful transitions from one producer/camera to another, I wish all of them great success at QVC! 

As for Hallmark, I'm a huge fan of the Hallmark Channels, as I am currently watching "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year" with Brooke Burns and Henry Winkler. Oh my gosh, so sweet and funny! But, I have to say that my favorite channel is HM&M. I'm an avid mystery fan!  And I am also a fan of GAC, and there's absolutely nothing wrong that, either. Happy Friday, everyone!