Super Contributor

The way I see it, more host, and doubling up, means prices that are already to high will continue to be high and maybe higher. Not for me anymore, already cancelled a few items that I can get elsewhere and cleared my wish list. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GAC65 wrote:

The way I see it, more host, and doubling up, means prices that are already to high will continue to be high and maybe higher. Not for me anymore, already cancelled a few items that I can get elsewhere and cleared my wish list. 

@GAC65   Thanks and I agree with you 100%.  I am shopping less and less and I have nothing on my wish list.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEW QVC HOST

[ Edited ]

@Flika13 wrote:

I would be humiliated if I were hired because of my sexual preferences.

@Flika13 

HIPPA Laws prevent QVC from asking such questions . . . and from posting such information about employees. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

News reports say, "His hiring part of The Qurate Retail Group's initiative to elevate LBGTQ+ Communities and Creators with Pride Month initiatives".

This is from a news release from Qurate dated 6/1/2022:

Qurate Retail Group Elevates LGBTQ+ Communities and Creators With Pride Month Initiatives | News Dir...

Are you sure we read the same article you highlighted ?

I don't think it's legal for an employer to ask about their 

'preference'.  An employer can assume but ... it's none of their business.

@sktchy wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

News reports say, "His hiring part of The Qurate Retail Group's initiative to elevate LBGTQ+ Communities and Creators with Pride Month initiatives".

Qurate Retail Group Elevates LGBTQ+ Communities and Creators With Pride Month Initiatives | News Dir...

Are you sure we read the same article you highlighted ?

I don't think it's legal for an employer to ask about their 

'preference'.  An employer can assume but ... it's none of their business.

@sktchy 

It doesn't have to be "legal" to ask, he's clear on his Instagram account, but who cares about his preference, I sure don't.

Steve Doss (@stevedossqvc) • Instagram photos and videos

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Flika13. Where in the world did you come up with that?

Esteemed Contributor

I sure don't care about his sexual preferences and I hope he does well.  He's absolutely adorable with a lovely personality.

Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I think this says it all. I don't care who anyone sleeps with or who they think they are. It is clear that he was hired because of his sexual orientation.  Why were the other new hosts chosen? Probably because they are qualified. I'm not saying he isn't, it's just that the employer had to explain why he was hired.  

Super Contributor

My reply above is to  Teddixat. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW QVC HOST

[ Edited ]

@Flika13 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I think this says it all. I don't care who anyone sleeps with or who they think they are. It is clear that he was hired because of his sexual orientation.  Why were the other new hosts chosen? Probably because they are qualified. I'm not saying he isn't, it's just that the employer had to explain why he was hired.  

I have read the June 1, 2022 press release, and this is the only reference to Mr. Doss:

"QVC kicked off Pride Month with a special livestream featuring American fashion designer and QVC vendor Isaac Mizrahi on June 1 at 9 a.m. ET. Customers can view this livestream on QVC's Livestreaming Hub and QVC's Facebook page. On June 3, QVC Host Steve Doss will present a special Pride edition of QVC's Total Look series on QVC and HSN's interactive streaming shopping service. The episode will show how one staple item can be styled three different ways. Starting June 12, the streaming service will begin featuring videos with products from the QVC and HSN Capsule Collections. Other content will drop throughout the month in the Pride video collection on the app."

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@Flika13 you are the one that made an issue out of his sexual orientation. If it doesn't matter and he is well qualified, just leave it alone.