Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CorrTor wrote:

There has to be a way to verify that the reviewer actually bought the product. I see 1 star reviews all the time from people who clearly haven't bought the item. For example, I've seen reviews for 1 star because an item is not available in talls. This is ridiculous and brings down the averate rating. If i were a vendor i'd be really annoyed by this. 

@CorrTor.  Reviews have recently started being verified.  You'll see the word "Verified" under t h e title of many, meaning the person actually purchased the item.

@Kachina624 

The "verified" oreviews are from the vendor's website and I dont think they should be allowed as a QVC review....JMHO

@Spurt.  I think you are mistaken.  I've got "verified" reviews all over and I've certainly NEVER written one on a vendor website.

@Kachina624 @

That's odd because all the reviews I've written even recent ones never have come up as "verified ".....of course it could be QVC's website acting quirky 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: NASTY MEAN REVIEWS

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@CalminHeart - I agree that many companies use a third-party to operate the review system but, if you're the one "paying the piper", you do have a say in how those reviews will be audited.  Otherwise, the whole thing is useless and a waste of money.

My career was in I.T. and we handled contract work for other companies and also contracted out work to other I.T. departments.  Whoever was paying for the contract specified the terms.

QVC is ultimately responsible for the quality (or non-quality) of its review system.  They simply have not chosen to do anything about it, despite complaints over the years.

I have 30 years of IT experience. I spoke from my experiences. And, yes, Q is ultimately responsible.   

Trusted Contributor

snarky.jpg

Respected Contributor

What I never understood is how HSN will not allow you to review unless verified purchase why can't Q at least do this? I found out if I ordered something and the item is the same but the item number is different it won't allow a review to post.

Some reviews are entertaining to say the least.  Pass over the redundant ones and those with nothing useful to post.

Honored Contributor

Re: NASTY MEAN REVIEWS

[ Edited ]

There's even bogus positive reviews that go something like this...5 stars---"I've bought many items from this clothing vendor and I've always been happy with my purchases, so I'm sure I'm going to like this top very much too" (and they haven't even received it yet)........🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@CorrTor for a while there was a question on whether or not the reviewer had bought the product but that is no longer there.

they still keep the stupid question (in my opinion) on whether I would buy it for a gift! I might do that if it is jewelry or something else but never for clothing because sizing is an issue plus everyone's taste is different.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got the Ruby Royale nuts today in the mail, and they are very good. I've put them up so I will stay out of them though.