Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I don't mind Nancy at all.....watching her on QVC2 i think she has been great...my only complaint is how many times i hear her say she is a "certified gemologist" during the jewelry shows.....overkill.

She repeats it because people tune in at different times and some have never seen her or QVC before. She's making sure as many people hear as possible. 

People who have QVC on for hours aren't her only audience.

Trusted Contributor

@Scorpio2  While I do not think I have any qualities that would make me a good host, I have to say Nanacy is my second least favorite host of all time and I have been with the Q since the 1980's. Do not wish her any ill will, but it seems most of her presentations she is in a brain fog,. And you are right, whoever said she is t oo old to act cute or hip. And it always grates on my nerves when a host has to be compelled to say I am in the extra small but it is too big for me I really need the extra extra small. Good grief, we all can see you are a tiny person.

Honored Contributor

I really like Nancy and have always found her to be very professional. I guess I don't watch enough of her to hear her say that......I know there are things that irk and bother us, especially when watching a host for an hour show or longer.

I do agree that QVC should have as part of their training and who knows they probably do, but play back the tape of their shows and let them see and hear themselves and learn from it.

I once had a job where your phone conversations were recorded, and at our semi and annual reviews, they would play two of your best and two of your worst, and critique....It was very eye opening and very interesting..You sometimes do things that you had no idea that you even do.

There was one lady who cleared her throat every couple of minutes, and one who said ok? after every sentence,etc.....So I think it would really benefit QVC to do this with their hosts too, as a lot of them might not even realize they are doing it....   

Valued Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

Wow, this poor lady had cancer and survived ... give it a rest.

which has nothing to do with the ops comment..

Sure in the grand scheme of things I'm sure to Nancy the anyhoo doesn't mean anything

which really isn't the point

Honored Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

@mercyMe- This is a board/forum and comments/opinions about people on television are expected.  There's nothing bad going on here. 

Honored Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

I am very sympathetic to Nancy's situation but that doesn't have anything to do with her hosting on QVC.

I happen to like Nancy and enjoy watching her.  I don't notice anything unprofessional about her at all.      

Respected Contributor

When Nancy 1st came to QVC, she drove me absolutely nuts!! She stammered thru her presentations, always unprepared, so much that I stopped watching her. Then after awhile, I watched her a few times & she had improved immensely. BUT, I am no longer watching QVC much at all, although I have seen her a few times after she started the hair thing, growing it longer & wearing that tacky looking extensions. Since then, she seems very much off, as to how she had improved awhile back. Now she seems to have relapsed back to her unpreparedness.

To make a long story short here,lol... she has gone from bad to better, & back to worse (at least for me). I have stopped watching her again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

I don't mind Nancy at all.....watching her on QVC2 i think she has been great...my only complaint is how many times i hear her say she is a "certified gemologist" during the jewelry shows.....overkill.

She repeats it because people tune in at different times and some have never seen her or QVC before. She's making sure as many people hear as possible. 

People who have QVC on for hours aren't her only audience.

I know she is proud of her accomplishment and i commend her for it.....but i feel it is just too many times

to be so others can be aware of it....

Respected Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

If this is retirement by sitting on the couch all day watching QVC, I'll continue to work. 

Trusted Contributor

@webbgarner1 wrote:

@Scorpio2  While I do not think I have any qualities that would make me a good host, I have to say Nanacy is my second least favorite host of all time and I have been with the Q since the 1980's. Do not wish her any ill will, but it seems most of her presentations she is in a brain fog,. And you are right, whoever said she is t oo old to act cute or hip. And it always grates on my nerves when a host has to be compelled to say I am in the extra small but it is too big for me I really need the extra extra small. Good grief, we all can see you are a tiny person.

Yes.  I always thought she just never caught on.  And I never see her on air anymore.  Seems she's permanently on Q2.