Respected Contributor

@snipsnapsnur You brought up an excellent idea. It occurred to me the buyers are using computer data to place orders and reorders. The one area where computers fail is in capturing missed sales. I had this discussion at the grocery store when an item I liked was always out of stock. The reply was that the computer said we only need this amount. My reply was, "Did the computer tell you how many sales like mine you lost because the item was out of stock?"

Buying new items that are fresh and exciting would give QVC a breath of fresh air. Not many small, new companies could supply in the quantities QVC requires. It could be a focused item, one per show. "We only have 2000 of these since the company has limited production" would make customers aware of the effort to bring in new suppliers. What company wouldn't jump at an opportunity to for national exposure?

Esteemed Contributor

Perfectly stated post! The quality of Diamonique has plummeted. No more Tacori and other real designer pieces. Too much beauty....same old/same old. And I do miss the decor shows. I remember buying a hand painted chest when Dan Hughes presented it, for about $45.00 that I still have today. I don't like the cheap tchotchkes, but really nice decor pieces. Collectibles are long gone. And yes, if we buy more than one clothing item, we shouldn't be charged for each one that was put in the same box. It's not just that the show hosts leave A LOT to be desired, it's the merch that is bland, boring, and redundant. 

Honored Contributor

@FitFoodie ...............A really good post you made excellent points.

I know I would appreciate it and a lot of the others too if you would enlarge your type on your posts.  The size I am using is #4.

Welcome!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I agree with the OP.  Unfortunately, I think the 'powers that be' don't pay any attention to these forums.

Well, if they don't, they should.

And they may not pay attention to this forum, but it's quite possible that the analysts and investors do.  Many of the complaints about QVC that we make here every day have been sited in some of the recents articles about the company's financial problems.

Honored Contributor

@FitFoodie 

@In Nebraska 

First, welcome to the forums! 💐

Second, you both make excellent points from a slightly different perspective that align with what many here have been saying for a long time.

I think you both point out there is a way to stick to what you do best, but also ways to update and modernize it to fit into our lifestyles today.

Respected Contributor

I don't watch on air but I always include the Q website when comparison shopping & there's lots of great deals, many with FS. I'm not on the Q payroll so I'm wasting my time posting how to fix & grow the business, that's THEIR job...do it or be gone.

Regular Contributor

I'm still awake!  Great post!

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Honored Contributor

If I had that many requests I'd find somewhere else to shop.

Respected Contributor

All in all, the Q has lost its shine and become boring for me. Cat Sad

I'd now rather support my local community and buy from those stores now. 

Honored Contributor

@FitFoodie    AMEN SISTER. I haven't watched or purchased in many months and do not miss it at all. 

No negative feedback from me. I was a customer from "way back when" and all the negative changes and not keeping up with social media, competing with other retailers, etc. is thekiss of death for Q.

I refuse to pay shipping here and back. Too many othr sites are free both ways. There was nothing selling on Q that I could not find elsewhere.