Valued Contributor

My First Unsatisfactory Customer Service Problem

I've been a member since the beginning.  I have an older 14k gold Diamonique ring, a large marquis center with a row of round stones with a row of marquis on each side.  At the time it was expensive for CZ.  I even had my bridal set made to look like it with a smaller marquis.  The ring still looks like new except that 2 small marquis fell out.  I called CS service today, and even though the rep tried to find it, because I don't have the receipt, there is nothing they can do.  Even though it says DQCZ on the band I can't prove it came from QVC.  Needless to say, I am disappointed.  Diamonique is supposed to have a lifetime guarantee and if it wasn't 14k, I'd pitch it.  But I guess lifetime only means if you have a 20 year old receipt.  Lesson learned.

Respected Contributor

Re: My First Unsatisfactory Customer Service Problem

I have ALL my receipts in a file cabinet for all jewelry. Woman Surprised I only have two DQ items tho.

Honored Contributor

Do warranties at other companies not require a receipt?  I assumed that was standard.  How else would a company know you bought it from them.  There are seconds sold on places like EBay, etc.  I wouldn't think they come with the warranty.  Sorry you are having this issue.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne I have to admit I never read the guarantee, but for some reason I always thought it protected us from the DMQ itself changing, not from loss of a stone. 

Any chance of finding a local jeweler who can replace the CZ's?  The labor would cost more than the stones, but since you love the ring, that's what I'd try.

PS-  Your post made me glad I've saved my jewelry receipts although some of my favorite pieces came from companies that don't even exist after all the years I've owned the pieces.  So much for those guarantees, too!

Valued Contributor

I don't expect a new ring, just want this repaired.  I would even pay for the repair.  I know the ring has been discontinued and I know about receipts.  I was just too stupid to keep a 20 year old receipt for a CZ ring.

Valued Contributor

On the bright side, gold has probably tripled so that will be my only option.

Respected Contributor

@millieshopswrote:

@bootsanne I have to admit I never read the guarantee, but for some reason I always thought it protected us from the DMQ itself changing, not from loss of a stone. 

Any chance of finding a local jeweler who can replace the CZ's?  The labor would cost more than the stones, but since you love the ring, that's what I'd try.

PS-  Your post made me glad I've saved my jewelry receipts although some of my favorite pieces came from companies that don't even exist after all the years I've owned the pieces.  So much for those guarantees, too!

It covers the loss of a stone because I had a pendant that lost one of the tiny stones and QVC took care of it.  This was 15 years ago. 

Respected Contributor

@skuggleswrote:

I have ALL my receipts in a file cabinet for all jewelry. Woman Surprised I only have two DQ items tho.

Make sure they haven’t faded like some of mine have.  I have old QVC ones where you can’t even read the item number.  I keep mine in a drawer. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bootsannewrote:

I don't expect a new ring, just want this repaired.  I would even pay for the repair.  I know the ring has been discontinued and I know about receipts.  I was just too stupid to keep a 20 year old receipt for a CZ ring.

Well, wouldn’t it have been nice if they told us that?  Besides if you had it, it might be faded like some of mine.  I do know that my jeweler replaces Cz’s and it is a very upscale jewelry store. 

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne.  Why don't you take the ring to a jeweler and get an estimate on replacing and setting new stones?  They can order stuff like CZs from catalogs.  It shouldn't be too expensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment