Respected Contributor

I'm sure this has been written before but I like Carolyn Gracie!  She is doing a denum show right now and is calm, informative and very nice with the other presenter!

This kind of presentation is my cup of tea.  I know everybody is different.  I've seen so many compliment Ms. Nester (also good natured) and more womanly sized but I think Carolyn is adorable and I love her hair!

PS What did you purchase today?

I got some C. Wonder pants.

Honored Contributor

She is not a favorite of mine, but that's what makes the world go around. Different strokes .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't have a favorite.  There are a couple that I choose not to watch, but beyond that, makes no difference to me who the host is.

Respected Contributor

Re: My Favorite Host

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom

I agree with you!!!  I like Carolyn.  I can understand what she is saying when she speaks, she doesn't mumble and she speaks clearly and at a normal pace.  She isn't flouncing and flopping  all over the place or constantly looking at and smiling at herself in

the monitor. I especially like that she doesn't try to second guess the person who has brought the product for presentation.  

She has her own quiet demeanor and doesn't try to imitate any of the other hosts. 

I watched Kirsten for only a few minutes one day and that did it for me.  She is trying so hard to be Shawn it was an obnoxious presentation.   

If Carolyn or Katie or Mary aren't the ones giving the presentation, I just don't watch. Actually, over the past few years,  I've rarely watched at all.  Unless it is something I am interested in and it's on easy pay, I make my purchases from the big "A" Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I agree with the other lady about Carolyn Gracie.  She is smooth, informative and CALM which is very easy to listen to and I can understand everything she is saying.  I think she is very professional, yet personable.  I wish some of the younger female hosts, and especially one who says she just completed 30 years on QVC, would take Carolyns' methods of hosting as a great example of how hosting on live TV should be.  I've seen so much kissing the vendors by hosts, talking so fast I can't understand them, jumping around all over the place, interrupting the vendor during the description of the product with dumb personal stories we don't need or care to hear, etc., etc. lately that coming across Carolyn hosting a program is so refreshing, and relaxing.  Some of my other fav's are: Antonella Nestor, Dan Hughes, Dan Wheeler, Gabrielle Kerr, Jayne Brown, Mary Beth Roe, Leah Williams and last, but not least Rachel Boesing.  That Rachel is bubbly without feeling like I have stuck my finger in a wall socket with a bobby pin.  She is SMOOTH and very informative.  Always stop to watch her when she is on and my TV is also tuned into QVC.  I believe this to be the "core" of hosts I think make the job of hosting professional, yet easy to watch and listen to for their whole shows.  David Venable is a hoot and Rick Domeier can get real quirky, at times, but seems to be able to get control and get back on track fairly quickly.  As another lady stated there are a few I have to just turn the TV off when they are on air-can't bear the noise and nonsense they produce not related to the product at all.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Ag84   Great first post !  Welcome !

New Contributor

Oh, thank-you so much!  I was hoping I was doing this correctly as I've never "blogged" before in my life!  I wanted to speak honestly about what I've been seeing regarding hosting on QVC say, in the past 6 months.  Hope I wasn't breaking any posting rules.

I have stopped watching in the past month hoping to see some improvements the next time I tune it.  I still see the videos of certain items I want to buy, like Earth booties and Alegria.  I think that "maybe" some of my feedback has gotten through to one of the hosts.  Time will tell, maybe?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I'm sure this has been written before but I like Carolyn Gracie!  She is doing a denum show right now and is calm, informative and very nice with the other presenter!

This kind of presentation is my cup of tea.  I know everybody is different.  I've seen so many compliment Ms. Nester (also good natured) and more womanly sized but I think Carolyn is adorable and I love her hair!

PS What did you purchase today?

I got some C. Wonder pants.

She said today, @Jackhound Mom, that she's getting a haircut today, and we'll see it tomorrow. Can't wait to see it. Carolyn is great and special.

Respected Contributor

taja,

Thanks, I didn't hear that!  I must look in tomorrow.

Cathy

Respected Contributor

Yes, welcome Ag84!

Waving