Super Contributor

Mt package came today via USPS and was ripped open

What I found was the outside label was addressed to me but the packing slip and merchandise were for someone else. I live in Wisconsin and the recipient lives in Florida. When I called CS it showed my package as delivered. I informed CS that I received someone else's merchandise. I was instructed to use the return label and the stuff back. CS looked up the order from the correct recipient and had a message indicating the merchandise was missing. Now the are sending my merchandise to me as a new order making note of their error. Wonder who got my stuff? The merry-go-round continues. Hope I get what I ordered and not billed twice.
Honored Contributor

Re: Mt package came today via USPS and was ripped open

This happens fairly frequently and has happened to me twice. It's possibly nobody got your package. I guess if you ship millions of packages, you have to expect a few to go astray.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

It is so odd. Another vendor not QVC sent me two orders of the wrong merchandise. Since it was food product and perishable, they sent replacements. I didn't think three mistakes could happen to me in less than six months time. As long as it is rectified, it is fixable
Esteemed Contributor

if they would ship direct instead of sending our package for a trip around the world first...then these kinds of mistakes wouldn't happen....its a wonder more of them aren't delivered to the wrong people....or maybe they are and we just don't hear about it...

Super Contributor

One of the products they sent me was really good and I will order in the future.
Super Contributor

I think USPS must have contracted quite a deal. They are hurting financially so it doesn't surprise me. You have to wonder if the rising shipping cost factor into this deal.
Regular Contributor

The P.O. delivers packages when they feel like it. I was expecting a package from Amazon. It was promised on the 6th. Upon tracking it, it was transferred from UPS to the P.O. and the notation said "delivered - available for pickup". I contacted Amazon and they were puzzled by this and were unsuccessful in contacting my local P.O. UPS is on my street once and sometimes twice a day. This was a somewhat heavy package. I finally received it on the 8th. The P.O. does not honor the promised "2 day delivery"!

Contributor

This may be a bit OT but what is the deal with Q label returns -- if I use a Q return label and drop at USPS returns are slow as molasses in January. But if I pay USPS postage (INSURED, OF COURSE) it's back in a flash -- AND CHEAPER! Does the postal service not like Q return labels or what? I shop online many different places and Q is the WORST. It's like Pony Express!

Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2015 jbach said:

This may be a bit OT but what is the deal with Q label returns -- if I use a Q return label and drop at USPS returns are slow as molasses in January. But if I pay USPS postage (INSURED, OF COURSE) it's back in a flash -- AND CHEAPER! Does the postal service not like Q return labels or what? I shop online many different places and Q is the WORST. It's like Pony Express!

This is because when you use a Q return label, the package is only received by the PO, a third party that works with the Q will come & pick up the package and deliver to the Q. If you use your own label and send USPS, the package will arrive quicker b/c the PO is handling the whole return from receipt to delivery.

Contributor

On 1/14/2015 DJs mom said:
On 1/13/2015 jbach said:

This is because when you use a Q return label, the package is only received by the PO, a third party that works with the Q will come & pick up the package and deliver to the Q. If you use your own label and send USPS, the package will arrive quicker b/c the PO is handling the whole return from receipt to delivery.

Interesting, thanks for your answer. Perhaps Q should use USPS exclusively!