Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables Apples: Did you know.....

I remember Laurie as a host and liked her a great deal.  No screaming, yelling, dancing around, made up words or hard sell.  Most hosts come and go without a tear being shed on my part.  Laurie was one of the few hosts that I was truly sad to see leave.

Respected Contributor

It did look weird to me, but it wasn't on the heat , so it was getting real thick.That is too thick for my chompers.I don't need dental bills next.

Respected Contributor

Question about the apples.  Last year the big selling point was the fact that the apples were "Pink Lady" variety.  This year, no Pink Lady.  Does anyone enjoy Pink Lady apples as your faves?  What makes them different from other apples?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables Apples: Did you know.....-

@Kachina624 wrote:

I remember her well but don't recall her departure was due to having a child.  I believe the consenus was that she just wasn't suited to being a host.  She makes a good vendor rep but I surely am tired of hearing about those darn apples, which I don't like.  I cook with Granny Smith but can't stand to eat them....too sour.

@Kachina624 .... I agree with you that the Granny Smith apples are too sour. At a certain time of year they use a smaller apple. Can't think of the name of it but it's sweet ..but not too sweet. Those are the Prindables apples l like... Yummmm!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindables Apples: Did you know.....-

I remember her well.  She was married to a pastor.  When she completed her internship with QVC, her husband and parents came right to the QVC set to congratulate her.

She left soon  after having a child.  

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Question about the apples.  Last year the big selling point was the fact that the apples were "Pink Lady" variety.  This year, no Pink Lady.  Does anyone enjoy Pink Lady apples as your faves?  What makes them different from other apples?

@maximillian .... That's the apple I was just trying to remember!!! 

It's called the PINK LADY !!! It's a smaller and sweeter apple. That's why those are always sold out. They only have those at a certain time of year....maybe at the end of the season?? ...but l remember hearing the host of the presentation saying something like this... "Now it's important for you to know that the Pink Lady apple is only available a certain time of the year ...so if you want this apple you must call in before they sell out, because these ALWAYS sell out !!" (Well, I guess that's how they always sell everything ...but in this case it's true!!)

I wonder if the apple orchards sell Pink Lady apples?? I used to live down the road from an apple orchard. I'll ask my best friend to check for me.

You posted at just the right time, @maximillian !! Thanks so much! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Gosh! I didn't realize I would get so excited over an apple! Lol...

Honored Contributor

I'd bet money that the used the Granny Smiths for the TSV because they're always the cheapest Apple at the market.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know anyone who likes Granny Smith apples....I wish that they used another type....

Honored Contributor

I like Granny Smith apples because I like a tart and sour apple.  However, it wouldn't be my choice for a covered apple and I especially would hesitate gifting them to anyone because they are such a sour apple. 

Besides the fact that they used some a cheap apple for these, I couldn't figure out why anyone would put these apples on 6 easypayments.  Laurie kept saying that they will last 3 weeks in the fridge.  So in 3 weeks from the day you get the apples, they are going to be gone but you will be paying for them for 6 months?  That doesn't make sense to me.