Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi I wasn’t very clear.  I would think their contracts require some number of hours to the company and they may even guarantee the hosts a certain number of onair time.  And you’re right that we don’t know the details.  why would we?

Valued Contributor

I think it's wasteful.  Especially for the food shows.  They have 2 hosts cutting, tasting, talking, squishing, mushing, breaking and wasting food.  What's the point of that?  One is hard enough to watch.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

jane and David are 2 of my favorites

after them I can name 5 or 6 more hosts but have never attached enough to the rest to know who they are if they don’t announce it. Sometimes even then I barely recognize the name

Respected Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I think it's wasteful.  Especially for the food shows.  They have 2 hosts cutting, tasting, talking, squishing, mushing, breaking and wasting food.  What's the point of that?  One is hard enough to watch.

The point is to sell food since the audience cannot taste it.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, my thought is that  some Hosts are down in their quota of sales  so they pair them with some  " higher " earners. If they don't do well then it's good bye . They probably have way to many Hosts .

Honored Contributor

On The Find, Shawn mentioned the show was being "redone" & she will be joined by Leah.

Honored Contributor

I prefer single hosting, but dual hosts are fine if they work together well and hand-off presentations to the other without a lot of useless hamming for the camera.  I don't like Alberti and Kerstin together because I think Kerstin focuses on Kerstin more than products, fights for camera time, and to be deemed the more popular one in the show.  So that example makes me not watch, I just look up products online.  I do like Alberti on his own. 

Conversely, I love David and Jane together.  They are both confident in their hosting skills, and hand-off to each other's presentations in a humorous, yet efficient way.

I think some hosts benefit more than others in having a set show that gets a lot of viewers.  Saturday Morning Q gets a huge audience every week, or so the hosts say.  So those hosts' sales figures are probably bloated because of the convenient time slot of that 4-hour show.  But can they succeed in sales in a show that is so different?  Did they make the show popular, or was it even more popular when it had different hosts? 

If I was a QVC host (not already in the most popular shows), I would certainly want all hosts to have equal opportunity to really prove their worth in sales.  Mix it up for a while.  Determine if it's the host or the time-slot of the show that accounts for the sales.

Rick & Kerstin

Leah & Shawn

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all plays out for the shopper. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they're pairing Leah with Shawn to help boost Shawn's ratings? Leah does so well by herself.  She's always so prepared and thorough.

Trusted Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

The point is to sell food since the audience cannot taste it.

I remember when Sharon used to present food by verbally describing the texture, taste, use, preparation, care and preservation, and presentation of the food being sold.   Her explanation went being ums and ohs.   She explained how the food tastes, the mouth feel, the smell, the sweet / sour / bitter / hot / umami / etc of each item.  Seeing someone eat it means NOTHING.and tastes differ.   

Two people competing on who best slobbers over the food is sickening.  One person per presentation is enough.   If I want to see a comoetition, I will look at sports.

Honored Contributor

I see an increase of pairing incompatible hosts.  I think all work better alone, but some are much better alone.  Definitely, those with strong personalities...Rick, Jane, Shawn.   

Although, she does fine, I don't think Carolyn should be paired with anyone.  I like her alone.  

Maybe, QVC is trying to break up the boredom experienced by viewers; however, pairing is a turnoff for me.