Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

They're sure pushing those new channels on this website.  I have no intention of watching either one of them.  Actually I have no idea if I even get them on my cable, and I have no desire to find out.

I agree they should work on improving the "old" QVC before adding more channels.

@faeriemoon wrote:

They're sure pushing those new channels on this website.  I have no intention of watching either one of them.  Actually I have no idea if I even get them on my cable, and I have no desire to find out.

I agree they should work on improving the "old" QVC before adding more channels.

I don't get the beauty channel and I have tried the QVC2, but almost everytime I turn it on it is something I have just seen on the regular channel.  I also feel strongly that they should have improved the "old" QVC instead of adding more channels.  Could have used the hosts just on QVC (regular) and rotated them more so that the same person doesn't do the same shows all the time.  The variety would have been nice.  I also don't think the hosts need their name attached to the shows. 

Respected Contributor

I agree with all of you!! I am rarely watching, but reading QVC Fb page a lot. They are really pushing all the extra channels. I am so OVER QVC, I could care less about watching MORE channels. 

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

-----------------------

That is exactly what I stated in some prior posts!! Get new vendors and products...better programming.  If a company's financials are not looking that good...why would they hire five new hosts and start several additional channels???  I don't get that equation at all!

I really don't understand adding a "beauty" channel

when there already are hundreds of beauty products shown on the regular channel???  And why sequester one of the best male hosts - Alberti - on the Beauty channel??  He should be on the channel that gets the most viewers!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: More Q channels...why?

[ Edited ]

@NanaLinda wrote:

MONEY, what else!

@NanaLinda

...and that is why the price for everything we buy now, has gone wayyyyy   up!  Smiley Sad

($70 for a denim&co set ? )

Honored Contributor

I have to agree as to why they need more channels.  They have to have more people which means money to pay them.  I can't stand the beauty channel at all.  I actually don't get it on my tv but I watch is the videos and it is just weird having them look into the camera presenting a lipstick and then the camera switches to the vendor.  There is no interaction what so ever between the host & vendor.  I'd rather have it like Qlive presents where it's more personable.

Valued Contributor

When are they going to start a cooking channel and banish Mary and David to it? Too many channels. Too much busy stuff on the web site. Too much repeated merchandise. At least planting season is finally over for the spring, no more daylilies.

Respected Contributor

Re: More Q channels...why?

[ Edited ]

The QV2 is live from 6 pm to 12 am. I enjoy the evening programming primarily because I don't watch any of the Monday night programming on QVC and  I watch HSN with Colleen Lopez on Thurs. evenings.  So I enjoy the fashion segments they offer, like Leah's PM style on Wed.

I agree that it is unfortunate a good host like Alberti is hidden from most of the viewers.

My guess would be that hosting the beauty products would be financially beneficial because of the huge markup on cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

Live or 'Memorex'... it's always the same old brands and the same old items... Now, just more hours of them spread across more channels... For me, it's another QVC 'who cares' moment...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I'm with you, OP.   I don't watch the regular channel now and won't turn to any of the new ones.  I'm guessing some people get other channels but not the original one so that's why it's on so many channels.  

I watched a couple hours throughout the January gold day but otherwise haven't turned to Q in over a year.  I will search online if I'm looking for something but I hate watching anymore.  It's the same 12-14 products (or variation of) every week.  Snooze-fest.

Super Contributor

My guess is for exposure (reeling in channel flippers/new viewers).