Occasional Contributor

More Gary-Mary Shows, Please

Mary Nelson is absolutely precious, but I really enjoy watching her with Gary Goben. I know he's traditionally paired with Carolyn Gracie, but please keep this GM weekend rotation. I know a lot of us keep QVC on in the background on the weekend as white noise while we're doing household chores -- but when there's interesting items or funny conversation, that's what causes us to look up and possibly buy if we like the item.

Mary is one of the handful of hosts who seems genuine, studies up on products, and asks questions to better explain what she doesn't understand or thinks the customer might not understand. But most importantly, you don't feel like she has a ticker at the bottom of her monitor telling her how many items she sold in that hour. Even though she's only been at QVC for a couple of years, I think the newer hosts could learn more from her, how to show your personality without running over the guest or the items you're selling. 

Honored Contributor

Re: More Gary-Mary Shows, Please

Agree, Mary and Gary are very good together  She seems to really admire him.  Mary is unpretentious and down to earth, not a phony, painted glamour puss, although she's very attractive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Ginger&Olive  Agree ! I adore Mary Nelson. She is a breath of fresh air for qvc.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is name calling

Super Contributor

Mary Nelson is a host i cant watch period. I will leave it at that. As for Gary and d&c that brand is on as often as logo ,graver and now gravel ,josie and philosophy....why cant you shop on line or the webpage and ignore the host you have issues with. The Q displays what is onair as it is being presented live . This will solve all negative commenting about hosts ,vendors and models sizes ,clothes too tight. Use the size chart per suggestion of most hosts.
Super Contributor

Oh my , i feel quite the opposite she and that kourney k. Are in the top 2 fir beauty competition of new hosts who love looking in monitor and laughing at their own silly banter . Very insincere IMO , i really dont like when they sat we as CVin the Q like they have been there for ever. When selling an item admit you haven't used it before getting the sample , then comment. The "ive used this for years before coming to the Q " is so fake & disingenion that it just turns me off and puts them in the same basket as the other fakeish hosts selling on the station. Too sick of hearing how tiny you girls are and how many shoes you own . Please start giving specs and details instead.